WF on Apple Watch

This is fantastic news!! I’m thrilled By the prospect of getting my WF data on my Apple Watch.

After linking Carrot to my WF station, the conditions shown in the WeatherFlow app match what’s shown In the Carrot iPhone app (Yay!). But the temperature displayed in the Carrot complication on my watch is several degrees off. Anyone else have that issue?

1 Like

might depend on your tier program. I’m on 2 and it has caches and doesn’t update in real time though I couldn’t find how long …

I’m on Tier 2 as well.

An early morning temperature check showed my watch displaying several degrees warmer than my WF app/Carrot app, so the discrepancy isn’t simply a time lag.

I’ll try digging up a Carrot support number and report back if I learn anything.

Mine is sometimes off but if I touch the temp on the watch it refreshes to the correct temperature.
Tom

1 Like

Hi @dsj , is there an ETA yet for the Tempest iOS app to have AppleWatch support?

1 Like

Sorry, no ETA yet. But it’s definitely on our roadmap!

1 Like

After reading this, I loaded the Carrot app on my iphone and purchased tier 1. I was able to add the complication for Carrot to my Apple Watch but it was not in sync with the tempest current date. Tapping on the complication did not update the temp, which is the value I’m most interested in. I can’t remember I think I went to the Tempest app and when it refreshed then the Apple Watch complication refreshed.

It’s not clear in the Carrot app if I really need to purchase Tier 2 or not to get it to refresh on the Apple Watch real time or at least if I tap on the complication?

You need tier 2. I have it and it works. I configured it to use my station and I can tap on the complication and it will update.

Thanks. As an aside, I just tapped the complication on the watch and the watch app opened and there were spinning dots and it. Updated, however the value did not match. Not sure where it got that value from?

I think I might have figured it out with Tier 1. If I go to the Carrot app it seemed to pull in the Weatherflow temp and then the Apple Watch app updated the the correct current temp.

So you find that the complication does not update so when you look at your watch you don’t know the true temperature until you tap the complication, right?

Have you encountered, that when you do tap the complication, the temperature does not always update, which is happening for me? If I then go open the Carrot app on my iphone, then the complication is updated or at least I see the Carrot app on the watch updated almost immediately.

The complication updates periodically. I think it’s something like every 10 minutes. I usually tap on it to get the updated temperature. So far it’s always updates for me.

Make sure you have selected your station in the watch app. On your watch select the carrot app and then Locations. Choose your station. Mine will switch to the generic city location if I don’t do that. That is usually off by a couple of degrees.

is there an ETA yet for the Tempest iOS app to have AppleWatch support?

4 Likes

The little wind dial would be cool, similar to the noise meter shows sound in real time! :wink:

Why have I lost tempest weather flow on Apple Watch ultra after having it before unpair and repair?