WF on Apple Watch

Just curious if you have any sense of a timeline on this? In the coming weeks? Months? 2020? I may need to brush up on my Raspberry Pi chops if it’ll be a while.

if you have a spare pi, why not use @GaryFunk archivesw ? Easy to install and it has options to upload to CWOP, PWS and Windy

3 Likes

Unfortunately, no. Integration with CARROT weather is dependent on their timeline.

2 Likes

I totally get it. I’ll keep my fingers crossed that it happens sooner than later.

Someday, it sure would be nice to have a native Apple Watch app displaying all the various aspects of my station’s data. Stuff like windspeed and current rainfall, which I doubt will make the cut with Carrot’s watch display.

2 Likes

Eric, one of these days I will dust off one of my Raspberry Pis and do just that. It’s just a matter of finding the time to dive into it. For the moment, I’m back online, but this episode has made me want to have full control of my data instead of relying on anyone else.

that’s still a goal of ours - we just don’t have an ETA yet.

1 Like

If you are willing to used Node Red then you can use the Complication app to send any data from the weather station to the watch - it just needs a little bit of time and node red running…

Andy

Exxxxxcellent! Can’t wait. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A quick Google search indicates that Node Red is something run on a Raspberry Pi, correct? Would this work in conjunction or in place of ArchiveSW?

It could work along side as the pi can run many things at the same… node red reads in the data and then every 15 mins (the max update time for the Apple Watch complication - as far as I know) sends it to the watch via an app called Complications - tbh though Carrot is probably a lot easier …

Today I finally upped Carrot and guess what …

Only problem is that if you have several stations, it takes the first off the list.
Would be nice if we could choose which one to use via a little dropdown.

1 Like

How does it handle multiple sensors on one Hub???

It takes the first station linked in your account and that’s it. It shows temp, wind, 1 hr precipitation, pressure and humidity for that station. Nothing else you can do with it for now. Asked already if it would be possible to choose what station to use and now guess same for multiple sensors should be asked. Waiting for an answer …

In my case my first station only has an air attached to it … not much use to me.

3 Likes

If you only knew someone @WFsupport who could change the order of your stations. :rofl: Maybe barter a roll of :roll_of_toilet_paper: or two for the favor???

3 Likes

lol nice barter haha. Don’t want to abuse support.
It could help in the short run but imagine we all start to barter … imagine the pile ???

To me it is more carrot that we need to push a little to make it better. Already nice it is implemented and if we are enough to suggest maybe the meatbag maker will implement it in a next release

2 Likes

I have the Tier 3 membership, went to sources and weather flow isn’t an option? I have it shared to WeatherUnderground

I’m on tier2 and have the option. You’re on version 4.15.0 ?

I’m on 4.15.0 with tier 2 and also don’t see the option - the update text mentions WF but it’s not in the sources option ? Hmmmm any ideas?

Replying to my myself - wf is now on my list - I had to click ‘restore purchases’ in my tier 2 and it then refreshed… hope that helps.

3 Likes

Apparently my iPhone didn’t yet receive the update for the new app, now I got it setup!