Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

Just a heads up for anyone in Australia that is on EDT now, I only noticed today that I had not added the moonrise/set offset to compensate for the change.
Simply go into the settings menu and add 1 to the "fine tune " box as shown. 2018-10-13

Hope someone can chime in to let me know why this might be happening. Have Meteobridge up and running. All seems to work except the weeather34 rain bucket value on the dashboard and the meteobridge live data do not match the daily rainfall graph and does not match the weathflow graph. The dashboard rain bucket does match the meteobridge live data showing 0.96". The weather flow graph and the weather34 graphs do match showing 0.44". Based on my other rain data the 0.44 appears to be the correct value. Below are the screen shots. Is there a setting or something that I might have wrong? Any help appreciated.

Looks like you are using weatherflow to report via the API to Weather Underground and that is what is being shown in the W34 charts (you can use WU or a mysql database as archival options in the settings menu of the template).
If you set up MB to report to WU it will of course report the same as the live data.
Are you using the latest firmware version in meteobridge?
(Meteobridge 3.8 (Oct 22 2018, build 1256), FW 1.3)
Since the October 16 fix mine has reported identically in the MB live data and WF live data.

Thanks for the reply. I think you are on to something. While I would like to use Mysql…I have not been able to figure that out yet. So in the template I am uploading to chartswu . In MB I was set to upload to WU but then I discovered a problem on WU because both the WF app and MB were uploading to the same WU station causing data issues. I therefore switched the uploading to Home Weather station which gave updates in the dashboard but resulted in the rainfall issue. Not sure why the rainfall would be so different though since it’s using the same weather station.

So I just setup a completely new WU station for MB that uploads every 10 seconds. I disabled the other networks. I see the data updated on WU but the Template/Dashboard is not updating…although the charts update every 5 minutes. I think the problem is with the MBrealtimeupload.txt file. As soon as I turn off the home weather station feed the file stops updating. Should I have both the WU and Home weather station uploading?

I do have the latest firmware: Meteobridge 3.8 (Oct 22 2018, build 12418), FW 1.5

Notice due ending DST Most users in the EU will have to change the UTC time offset in the settings for Weather34 PHP template in easyweathersetup.php because ending of DST

2 Likes

hi sorry i dont get on here much but if you would like help,with setting up mysql feel free to drop an email not personal message sometime this week after tuesday evening . there are two options one you can use the meteobridge panel in the services tab which i use or use the in built template mysql script in the meteobridge template .

please note the meteobridge version will have a few new features particularly geared at Davis hardware owners in the near future .

In the meteobridge there are new mysql designed charts as seen at https://weather34.com

i hope to have a release sometime towards end of week but this example is how they will look

When using the in built mysql driver of meteobridge it allows you to control and display the data in charts more cleanly and more friendlier on the eye and probably more friendlier to any non enthusiast browsing your site and sufficient to give you the specific data you need at a glance .

the weatherflow version is reliant on weatherflow server API and probably will break in the near future due to changes . so that has fallen behind quite considerably now but when the changes come about i will try to bring it uptodate.

so feel free to drop an email middle of this week im sure we can set it up quite easily and dont worry its a common request and i guess if no previous experience of using mysql it can be quite time consuming to setup but no problem if you need help…brian

1 Like

ha the beauty of staying on the same time all year round since 2016 here no more changing things or getting confused on the first day…

1 Like

Probably the last time all EU countries can decide for themselves , but I think this is gone take a while …politics…

2 Likes

OK…I would very much appreciate that Brian. Will shoot you an email the second half of the week. Should I use the postmaster, meteobridge, sws email address?

Hi
If you are not getting live data displayed on the template, it is indeed the path to MBrealtimeupload.txt. in the template or the path to that file in MB.(unless there is a server problem of course)
You can use both WU and MB to populate the data in the template (I am doing it right now) I use the MB for live data and the WU for the charts , as I have not set up mysql yet.(And I am changing hosts so would be a waste of time).
So the WF app, which uses the WF API reports to WU and that gives you the ChartsWU.
Meteobridge using home weather station upload gives the 10 sec live data to the template(MBrealtimeupload.txt) so if you turn off the home weather station feed, you will not get live updates.
As you rightly said do not leave both the WF app and MB reporting to WU, causes problems.
The ideal option is MB for live data and mysql for archive and Brian is the guru :slight_smile:
Rainfall issue is another matter- I see the difference in our FW versions in meteobridge, there is a new one as of 28 october as well…

1 Like

hi if you would like 5 second data update intervals please drop an email but prior to doing this make sure your hosted server can handle the multiple process in short intervals there is a reason why 10 second is set and its nowt to with weather data some hosts need it set to 60 seconds or more . generally its a simultaneous process limitation limited by the host particularly shared hosting environments which generally most are on .

also using the in built mysql option of meteobridge allows better clean charts display for actual output .

i use this in a way to dump data to database every 10 minutes . your probably thinking its going to miss data , once again beauty of meteobridge we can set the variables to make max and min etc from last full ten minutes recorded somyou dont miss the hi and lows in that short period.
for example
due to the erratic wind direction in weatherflow ultrasonic values you dont end up with a wild looking wind direction chart because simply take the average direction from the last ten minutes . see below

when you really understand the features of meteobridge you can really fine tune everything .

end of this week i have some free time so im happy to help,anyone who wants to implement these features however if you like what you see and use now there is no need to change…brian

2 Likes

Firstly big thank you to Piet for keeping me on my toes in redesigning the charts display and other pop up modules . It is nothing significant just visual display change . So last few days of free time spent polishing of the visual elements . The browser appearance frame is just css in fact no more than two extra lines of css so overhead is extremely small. basically clicking the colored circles closes the modal or pressing esc or clicking outside the modal window

li

cs

te

image1

some cautionary things to remember when using using with meteobridge and weatherflow , if there is an update applied to the weatherflow HUB firmware it is probably safer to reboot your meteobridge HUB thereafter as discovered this week weatherflow hub had some reference changes in wind direction what exactly was changed is unknown but rebooting the meteobridge HUB clears out the errors you may seen something like this appear but simply rebooting meteobridge HUB cures the error.thanks to Wim for replicating…

logger (30.10.2018 08:05:32): {“serial_number”:“SK-00013503”,“type”:“rapid_wind”,“hub_sn”:“HB-00003016”,“ob”:[1540875932,0.00,0]}nlogger (30.10.2018 08:05:41): Bad wind0(0) sensor data, “gust speed x10” (10153) out of range [0:900]

it is worth also noting the the of WU charts will be removed shortly as expected changes though unknown will occur on 1st January 2019 so therefore the template going forward will only support mysql for chart display data…

as always the meteobridge version is available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/ and no changes have been made to the weatherflow API version still unknown what path or changes will happen the API itself…

have fun …brian

1 Like

Weatherflow API version got an update but please be aware the charts may possibly fail on January 1st 2019 so be prepared and information is so scarce just have to gamble on this.

Basically changes just applied to the pop up modals now styled in a browser frame . no other changes applied to data output etc…

this version is available via the mediafire link http://www.mediafire.com/file/m852axe4r3fpmc5/WF.zip/file

WF-min

1 Like

Forgot too add yesterday for the benefit of weatherflow and meteobridge users there is a brand new notification , it uses no jQuery is just css and 2 lines of php , obviously it only appears if strike recorded with last minute (60 seconds) can be disabled also if of no interest.

MBLI

2 Likes

you will also see sometime in the near future if the average wind gust exceeds 45kmh for the last 10 minutes
a wind awareness alert the threshold can be set in the setup screen. generally an average of 45kmh for 10 minutes reflects gusty conditions here however having the option of setting the threshold is more beneficial to your own surroundings and what you my term as awareness . daily average 40kmh is normal here when it creeps above 45kmh on average for a short period means generally gusty conditions,surfing ,close the windows,go kite flying and so on it can be interpreted into anything you wish.
could also add a temperature/dewpoint threshold based on localized climate and set a threshold as what you deem as hot , cold again using a average period as always can be disabled .

WG

1 Like

I’ve updated with the latest version for meteobridge users and find that the 24hr chart is as expected but the November chart is obviously wrong and extends for the whole month!
2018-11-06%2007_44_16-Lt%20Baddow%20Smart%20Home%20Weather%20Station 2018-11-06%2007_45_47-Lt%20Baddow%20Smart%20Home%20Weather%20Station

I have checked my settings and everything looks OK. Any ideas?

for mysql thats the demo data csv … as per homepage quote below download …either delete the Nov.csv in the 2018 folder of mbcharts or replace with backup

note check also 2018…csv is not using demodata

*Note when updating always make a backup copy of the mbcharts folder then you can transfer the CSV files and year folders back to keep your chart records upto date.

i have since removed those two files from the download not to cause any confusion i had used them when updating the chart design last week so probably my faullt…so going forth it will just create new ones at the end of first day if they dont exists or append to existing if present ,monthly and yearly charts are updted at end of each day or whatever 24 hour period you want to use some run midnight to midnight or 7am to 7am or 9am to 9am or whatever the personal preference is.

Thanks for the solution. Unfortunately I did not backup the files before I installed the latest version. I am not too worried as I have not been running the meteobridge version of your template for long.

For future reference is there a simple way to upload from meteobridge the historic data and recreate these files?

hi

not from meteobridge itself , safe practice just make a copy of your mbcharts folder prior to updating template then just copy over the saved current year file so now would be 2018.csv and copy over the saved current month folder .

I have a install script that will just update new/changed files though based on your server configuration making sure server/host doesnt lock down permissions . i released this way back in 2016 for a short period but it seemed to create more headaches and more time consuming support as different host had restrictions in place for file writing .perhaps i will look back into it in the near future and send you a copy and you could install in a test directory then send you another with some slight change to files and see how it goes .

developing locally i have full rights over server so sometimes i dont see these lockdown permission issues and only become apparent when someone raises the problem.*note from last time it always seem to be low cost sub $30 dollar a year packages from various vendors think the worst was a free host called altervista and still today i get file permission issues raised when that host name appears in the email . anyway ill drop a message when i cobbled something together…