Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

That’s an interesting concept and most likely a bit more accurate. I’ll will give that some thought and run some unit tests when I can.

1 Like

boris has just released a firmware update to tackle the issue

http://meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Forum

Version 3.7

released October 4, 2018

• new algorithm to compute rain rate for WeatherFlow stations

I’ll restart my bridge :slight_smile:

1 Like

So fast ! Thank Boris for everyone using the platform please.

1 Like

Just noticed some Errors in Meteobridge before I restarted… Probably would have helped Troubleshooting… Anyway, I’ll report back how the new FW goes… !IMG_20181004_213651~01~01

1 Like

i wouldnt worry i sent him a screenshot earlier highlighting the issue and that was enough for him to understand what was happening … nice outcome …have fun…brian

1 Like

Just got a good fall here and the reported rate is pretty close to what I would estimate without going out and getting wet to read the gauge and doing the multiplication, good stuff !

2 Likes

Ok, got pretty heavy rain here at the moment (it’s midnight in Sydney) and numbers look right… just the scale on the left is still messed up… hmm…Rainrate

hi you will have to go into phpmyadmin and edit out those values stored in mysql

my

Just got up… Sure, I’ll do that… just seems like the rain rate number is accumulating now: Rainrate2. Shouldn’t Meteobridge just forward the plain rain rate number instead of accumulate the numbers? Or can we change the graph so it calculates total rain rate at time x minus total rain rate at time y (of which y is last value)?

good morning

boris released another fix late yesterday so do reboot should get another updated firmware version. the thing template only displays what is recorded by meteobridge and sent , as above you will have to edit the database as that has stored that miscalculation of rain rate for the current day.

1 Like

I can confirm the latest firmware update has made a major improvement, today we have had showers and rain intermittently all day from light stuff to heavy and the accumulation is spot on and the rate seems to really correspond. The SKY was picking up quite light stuff that previously was not registering, and also it has not been classifying moderate rain as extreme, nice to see indeed, cheers !!
:beers:

2 Likes

@Weather34, @dsj

Hi Brian… I just buy a TPLink MR3020 to flash meteobridge in.
Did it… just to find I need a 65€ license to run it… so sad with this

Is there any convention with weather34 or with weatherflow?

hi

if you want more features it comes at a cost however the app from weatherflow is free , if you have a raspberry you can find a good solution here WeatherFlow PiConsole
or there is weewx if you use a computer . not experienced in anyt of those myself but im sure there is plentiful of users experienced on this forum.

domt quite understand the part convention… if you mean association i am not associated with either i just use meteobridge as it suits my needs and find it relatively easy to design around same with weatherflow having the hardware it front of me makes it easier to diagnose issues . this is why i dont get involved in anything i dont own or have access to …

you can use meteobridge licence free for 14 days and if it suits your needs you can purchase a licence and if you ever get any other hardware there is high probability meteobridge supports it.

perhaps look at alternatives around the forum … brian

3 Likes

Yes, I can also confirm. Fixed. Thanks everyone :slight_smile:

Max, I’m a quite newbie, but I found this a valuable service and together with Brian’s solution it makes a nice weather station at home (I’ve got some old IPADs (1 and mini) laying around, they have now a purpose again after they got too slow). Anyway, with meteobridge much more can be done :-). Also when there is an issue with it they are very quick in fixing them. I can’t afford much, but I think this money was well spend.

hi thomas

its the continuous responsiveness of Boris and his ability to address the issues raised in a timely manner, that has always been one factor of why I trust this particular product and continuously use it , but most all it really is a flexible piece of hardware that really opens up many options for the enthusiasts. Sometimes paying the extra shouldnt be an oversight if you want that extra capability .

In meteobridge i added some fixes in this morning or fallbacks mostly related to purple air module but also some additional changes to barometer and UVINDEX modules .

these changes were also made to the standard weatherflow API version which ill send the link on david .

the standard API version should now reflect below if you have a Air quality monitor from purple Air .also this script can be adapted to work with any air quality monitor if data if available.
meteobridge version via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

weatherflow version API
wf07102018

meteobridge version
mb07102018

1 Like

Hi Brian, maybe I misunderstood something… I was thinking weatherflow version as a dead project but now I see you writing of API version. May you please make some clarity for me? Thank you.

@thomas: I agree with you for all Brian did. I re-use an old android tablet too. “so sad” is too much… maybe the right word is “disappointed”. Obviously not with Brian and his great job.

hi

its not a dead project it will just be put on hold just like the meteobridge version for sometime as soon as our move is finalized. what you see now is where ideas and fixes work across the versions weatherflow and meteobridge and uses same or a similar code structure is implemented .

most css ideas are designed for meteobridge originally it is fortunate that with the weatherflow version the css is almost identical .

i will be just glad when our move is finalized that DIY urge is growing inside me day by day…

This combination, from anyone that is using it speaks for itself, - it is current data, it is aesthetic and it is supported, add a gel cell battery with a true sine inverter , an 80 watt panel (ridiculous overkill for power) and you have a self sufficient station(with a 4g router) ,Just incredible,

2 Likes