How well is shipping going?

Thanks dsj, thats what I understood.
If it’s not replied to after fourteen days, it’s returned to sender.
I will scan the form and send it in…

I’m still waiting… It has been cleared by Amsterdam’s customs on the 31st and I don’t have any more info after that. It should’ve arrived to Portugal days ago…

I also don’t have any way to track it besides yuntrack

Contact support (see 2 posts above the mail), they’ll be able to help you (I hope)

I also have to pay VAT + customs service. I’m expecting the shipment on Tuesday. By my calculation I’ll need to pay approximately 40% of total price. The shipper listed the price of 21,5 USD which is customs-free but the officer required the bill which clearly states the price of the parcel. And the bill was 229 USD - I had to send them my Indiegogo confirmation mail.
The total I’ll pay is not little money anymore.

Contact support will the details (bills, custom papers etc)
They will settle this with the forwarder and/or you.

hmmmm the shipper listed it as $21 dont under estimate customs officials and employees, they open up the box to check its content … now there not stupid and would look at it and say $21 worth of equipment or is this listed at that price to avoid costs… sometimes you get away it but in recent times this methd dont work so well especially if there is no invoice or documentation of payment enclosed .any smart custom official will question it and you foot the bill or have to wait till its resolved.

i have a air quality unit sitting in customs due to the rhetoric of tariffs thats now subjected to a 40% charge + admin fee its being returned unfortunately.

it may differ from country to country , who his dealing with item at customs , and if any package sent here to turkey as USD reference its going to now get tarriffs imposed.

as eric quotes hopefully weatherflow can help or cover the costs but lesson here is under listing the price to avoid charges especially USD listed prices is now going to be questioned for obvious reasons now which appear daily in the media.

wish you luck and hope for a good outcome…brian

Actually I was assuming this would happen so it’s not a surprise. But paying ~85 eur on top of 200 (229 usd) is quite a some money. There could be a way to get around with it ( for the backers only) where the invoice would list 21 USD material cost and 200 USD for development contribution. I’ll pay and hope it pays off.
I don’t expect WF to pay for this except for maybe a bonus Air holder :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree that putting low values doesn’t work anymore but remember that WF did pay for customs and taxes … so someone is putting money in his pocket and that is not acceptable

@dsj : David I think this needs again investigation.

6 Likes

Still no news from WF regarding this. Did they pay the import duties or not ? If we did, there should be documentation to confirm this with the shipment. Mine will be returned if I don’t reply to customs here. So what do I do, pay up… Going away on hols on Friday so have to decide very soon.

Give these guys a little weekend break, if they’ve passed your issue on thursday/friday, they will probarly give you an answer today or tomorrow!

Still alot of time before shit happens :wink:

1 Like

Did this get resolved? I’ve gotten the exact same letter from Customs here in Ireland. … I’m trying to decide whether to let them return the parcel to source, or whether I should pay the import fees. I thought the arrangement was that your Chinese factory was going to send these to an EU distribution point, then onwards within the EU.

@chaminoe: Can you let us know if you get any traction on this? thanks. Craig

I joined the club today :slight_smile:
Did have to pay 74 EUR for customs, taxes and service. I think they took the whole amount into procedure (254 USD).

Nevertheless, Air & Sky are up and running :wink:

1 Like

Didn’t get a reply yet. I will post up here when I do.
Have to pay up soon or the stuff goes back.
You get 14 days.
They charge another €10 postage on top of the tax

Yeah… my letter from Customs is dated Sept 5th, so factoring in the 14 days, I have until the 19th Sept before they return the package to the sender. I haven’t fully decided yet, but I don’t think I’m willing to pay an extra 74EUR for customs. I’ll send an email to support team as well, so they know it’s not just you having these issues.

Just Curious, who is charging you this?
I can’t imagine Customs are charging extra for Post?

@chaminoe and @craigrhill Did you both send this to WF Support?

€10 for postage. Yes, with Irish customs the “customer” pays for everything.
Presumably they will not hand it back to DHL for delivery.
I did send the demand letter to support but no reply yet.
I had 14 days and am going abroad on Saturday so have to respond by Friday.
I could pay it and try to claim it back if they got paid already but knowing them, its all one way when it comes to payments.
Either it was paid or it was not. Simple.

Someone is on it from WF, he’ll contact and or give some feedback. Ireland seems indeed not to play the fair game but is not the only one… don’t take that personally :wink:

1 Like

Does he have Orange hair :rofl:

Yep, got the same email here just now.

Not orange. Probably red…way worse.:japanese_ogre: