How well is shipping going?

Thanks for the quick answers my fellow weather aficionados. Now all I have to do is vertically mount a ladder to the back of my garage which will give me easy access to the 5 foot mast that will be attached to the exterior garage wall just below the roof peak with a pair of standoff’s. That should put my sky about 3 feet above my roof line with a clear wind fetch and clear sky. Sounds easy huh ? My thought process is that I will need to store the ladder somewhere. Instead of storing it horizontally under my deck or in my garage, I’ll store it vertically on the back of my garage with some heavy duty hooks. Easy enough to take it down if I need to use it and always up for access to my sky. Just gotta run to Lowe’s and will post a pic when done. Thanks Weather Flow community!!

3 Likes

My order cleared Customs at JFK Airport last night! Probably won’t move until a courier picks it up on Monday and takes it to FedEx in New Jersey. Throwing in the postal service handoff for final delivery, I should have the box in my hands by Wednesday or Thursday if past shipment trends still apply…

3 Likes

Wooohooo! Break out the champagne! Well, save the champagne until after you’ve climbed up on the roof to install your sky.

1 Like

See Shipping update August 11

just got confirmation email! :slight_smile:
(NZ)
good news, as this is for my father in law and I was planning on visiting him in a couple of weeks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just got my tracking confirmation for BackerKit # 2457 (AIR + SKY + hub). According to the tracking site, my order has left Shenzen. Hopefully it will find it’s way to California in the next week or so.

1 Like

My package arrived at JFK customs on the 12th and its now about to be the 16th with no updated info. I always heard anything in customs over 24 hours isn’t a good sign. Being hopeful i get it soon and not seized.

1 Like

I would not worry. There could have been any number of missed updates or delays. Keep your stick on the ice. We’re all pulling for you.

2 Likes

JFK Customs is just generally slow, as in 3-5 days slow:

2018-08-14 09:11
KEASBEY, NJ, Departed FedEx location

2018-08-13 13:45
KEASBEY, NJ, Arrived at FedEx location

2018-08-10 17:08
NEW YORK - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Clearance processing complete at GATEWAY

2018-08-07 21:17
NEW YORK - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Arrived at JOHN F. KENNEDY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, Custom clearance processing.

FWIW, my package arrived today after starting transit on 8/1…

2 Likes

My current process.

• Arrived at JOHN F. KENNEDY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT , Custom clearance processing.----NEW YORK - UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

2018/8/12 21:34:27

• Departed Facility in HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT----HONGKONG - HONG KONG

2018/8/12 15:39:27

• Arrived at Sort Facility HONG KONG INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT----HONGKONG - HONG KONG

2018/8/11 15:00:42

• Departed Facility in SHENZHEN----SHENZHEN

2018/8/10 23:47:46

• Arrived at Sort Facility SHENZHEN----SHENZHEN

2018/8/9 2:15:57

• Shipment information received
1 Like

incidentally - when you see the FedEx tracking number you can check the ground status there after it’s handed off to them…

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Matt.

1 Like

I see my station that I ordered for my Father in law right at the end of the indeigogo campaign has been released by customs here in my country so should turn up today or tomorrow :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just got mine in Scotland & going to hook up to another instance of WD tomorrow. Looks like a great piece of kit and will complement my existing VP2 which has been running happily on WD for more than a decade! Thanks for all your hard work with WD :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just to report that the two kits I ordered arrived in the UK yesterday, only four days after notificatrion, and I had one up and running a couple of hours later. Initially very impressed and readings appear to be realistic; I am so pleased to be able to bin its Ambient predecessor.
Like everybody else, I will have to address the issue of lightning strikes:-)

I spent more time trying to fit the batteries to the Sky than anything else; I had to resort to gripping the base in a bench vice and twisting the top with both hands! It won’t be vibrating loose in use.

I look forward to seeing how it settles down. It is IESSSAIN3 on Wunderground.

Keep up the good work.

2 Likes

Mine shipped 18th August.
It showed arrived in country on 31st August.
Today it shows ready for customs in Ireland.
Are these things customs paid or are
folks getting charged extra import taxes on them?

1 Like

I had no additional payments for shipping nor taxes in The Neteherlands

2 Likes

No extra charges in the UK.

1 Like

Just got a form to fill up from customs and excise here in Ireland.
They want the invoice for item inc postage for determining import taxes.
VAT is 23% and they always throw on some extra charge.
They are also charging €10 extra to post item to me.

This is not normal - all duties and shipping charges should have been pre-paid. Please send copies of your invoices for the additional charges to support@weatherflow.com and we will follow up with our shipping agent in China.