How well is shipping going?

I got in about a month ago got tired of my crappy acurite with temp readings, was just wondering if any of the early backers that did not elect to get the sky unit at time they ordered have started to receive product from latest production run, not seen a lot of both units on interactive map (wfsoft).
How many total units will be out there after all are shipped from last run, getting ancy Thunderstorm season coming up quickly and been 4or 5 new Davis pro vue show up around me and I can’t wait to show them what a real weather station looks like

Thanks fishrman
KINVINCE3

Shipping has not yet started for the latest round with Sky units. We are waiting for word as to when it will start as testing and production are still in progress.

Thanks for the answer appreciate a response I have been watching post over on Indiego backer page and kinda assumed that they were starting to ship product guess I am over anxious I cant imagine how some of you guys must feel that ordered when it started I would of loved to heard about this and got in on field testing . Maybe I can do that with the Breathe

Thanks for the answer
fishrman

Hi @fishrman . We’re anxious too! Status: on verge of sending out the first wave of deliveries. Priority goes to those who ordered first. Lots of logistics complexity to ensure smooth delivery. For example, nearly half of the early order backers elected to receive AIR + HUB back in 2017. Need to make sure the right people receive SKY only, while others receive a complete kit. And did you know that backers in the EU need to be delivered different products due to variation of radio frequency regulations on a per region basis? And oh ya, then we have to deal with international import and VAT duties, international package tracking, etc. Fun fun fun. We’re auditing orders and grouping packages for delivery now, trying our best to think of everything we can to reduce delivery errors.

13 Likes

HI @WFmarketing,

I have been notified that my 2 sets (air + sky + hub) will be dispatched in April but it noted that the hub will be later.

Have I misread this or will all arrive once you have sorted out the dispatch scenario outlined in your post?

Also noted your comments about EU frequencies. Past experience has shown that EU wireless ranges are half (power output is reduced) to that of the non European frequencies. So if anyone want to site their sky a very long distance away they may have to specify a non EU version. Can the American frequency pack be specified in any way?

Cheers
@mrburns

The Hub is shipped with the Air and Sky.

The frequency used is a matter of public laws. I doubt WeatherFlow is permitted to ship non EU versions to EU.
All that being said, these are my opinions. WeatherFlow will respond with official answers.

@mrburns For those backers who ordered early and elected to receive the AIR+HUB back in 2017…we will ship the SKY only to complete the stations. For everyone else, we will ship AIR+SKY+HUB complete.

Regarding radio frequencies…you are likely confused by other “wireless” technology. Data is sent from our sensor devices (AIR, SKY) to HUB via sub gHz long range radio frequency. Different regions around the globe have allocated different radio frequency ranges for consumer electronics by public law. The different frequencies use the same power and should enjoy the same range. NOTE: WeatherFlow has spent a considerable amount of time engineering, testing, and optimizing the radios in our devices to operate at maximum range without burning excessive battery power.

6 Likes

@WFmarketing

Cheers for that, all good news :slight_smile:

I got the SKY AIR and hub perk the day before the campaign ended. I get that people who ordered first should receive their units first makes sense. But realistically for those that order just before campaign finish, what is a ball park expected date of shipping (to australia)?

This will give some information

1 Like

An official update would be nice. It seems that shipping has been imminent for several weeks. I can only guess that last minute software changes are being made?
It would also be nice to know what the shipping method will be, as normal postal services from China normally take three weeks to the UK :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @gerardrampal . Thanks for pre-ordering a WeatherFlow station. Indiegogo collects and holds the funds you paid for ~30days as a buffer to allow for any refund requests. This means that WeatherFlow will not receive $$ for your order for about a month. Once WeatherFlow receives $$ for your order, we can begin processing fulfillment. Estimate delivery would be 5-6weeks after date of order.

Hi @val. Actually, the entire system is designed for constant software changes — getting better every cycle leveraging network technology. That’s one of the key differences between this WeatherFlow weather station, and virtually all other stations out there.

As said before, we are in processing and shipping orders direct from our factory in Shenzhen. There are a variety of logistics considerations including: priority of orders, bundling by region for bulk shipping efficiency, customers receiving different radio frequency by regions, customers receiving SKY only vs. complete stations, etc, etc, etc. You will receive an email with tracking information once your package is in flight.

To manage factory direct international air shipping at a reasonable cost, we contract with YunExpress. Yun literally delivers tens of thousands of ecommerce deliveries from China every day. We work with Yun to ingest our customer lists and SKUs, then prepare batches of like deliveries, then bulk ship via air freight into the various regions around the world. Once landed, the packages need paperwork to clear customs and pay duty/VAT where required. Then the bulk deliveries are handed off to in-country post (USPS, RoyalPost, NZPost, AUSPost, etc) for in-country delivery by mail carrier. This process allows us to ship your package much faster than ocean freight at a reasonable rate (versus international DHL, FedEx, etc which would be US$80++).

Now you know.

10 Likes

Very exciting - can’t wait :slight_smile:

I know I’m being impatient, but I’ve ordered two sets, one to replace my Ambient station that has died here in the UK and one for my house in Dalyan, Turkey. I’ve got both sites ready, complete with Stevenson Screens for the Air, and I only get to Turkey every so often and was really hoping to take the Weatherflow kit over in about 10 days time.

Really looks like that is not going to happen. I see hardly any new Sky units appearing on Gary’s map or being mentioned here and I’ve not had a shipping notification, so it looks like the factory are really taking their time :frowning:

I’m sure its going to be worth the wait, but.

Hi. I just joined and pre-ordered a WeatherFlow Station on April 30. Since Indiegogo holds funds for 30 days, does that mean the people that order a weather station on May 1 will receive a station 30 days before the people that ordered through Indiegogo because Indiegogo holds funds for 30 days?

At this point regardless of when you purchased the item. Orders are being processed FIFO as they arrived and obviously minus those where funds still need to clear. At this juncture there isn’t enough stock to send to anyone beyond the 3K units they made.

In June when manufacturing ramps up the company intends to have enough stock to start selling direct from their Weather Flow web store.

1 Like

hello val long time no hear … need any help let us know … be in bodrum during ramadan no too far away from you … ramadan equals cheap flights internally across the country… i would have gladly loaned you a weatherflow setup but unfortunately i have offered/gave a field test setup to one of the local meteorology enthusiasts here in istanbul this week…brian

1 Like

OH, I spent four days in Bodrum. So beautiful and peaceful. I will be back someday.

Since Indiegogo holds funds for 30 days, does that mean the people that order a weather station on May 1 will receive a station 30 days before the people that ordered through Indiegogo because Indiegogo holds funds for 30 days?

Hi @Sailor_Ed Not exactly. We stopped taking pre-orders on April 30…you were one of the last orders – thanks! For May, we are focused on delivering pre-orders and making sure our initial backers like you have a positive experience. (We are not taking direct orders in May.)

Once we receive funds from IGG, we can initiate your order for fulfillment. However, please know that you’re at the back of the priority line.