WeatherFlow PiConsole is a Python console that will display the data collected by a WeatherFlow Tempest or Smart Home Weather Station. The console uses the WeatherFlow REST API and websocket to stream data from your station in real time via the internet, including the 3-second rapid wind updates.
The console is fully supported for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B/B+ and Raspberry Pi 4 running the the 32 bit version of Raspberry Pi OS. It can be run on earlier models or the 64 bit version of Raspberry Pi OS, but no direct support is provided for these environments. It can also be run on a PC/laptop with Ubuntu 20.04 LTS or Raspberry Pi OS. It is not compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero, Zero W or Pico. For full compatibility details, see below.
Code and Instructions: The code and instructions about how to get the PiConsole up and running can be found on GitHub
Latest Version: v23.3.1 (3rd March 2023; see announcements and updates)
- Wind speed and direction including three second rapid wind updates
- Outdoor air temperature/humidity/feels Like
- Indoor air temperature (requires an indoor Air module)
- Daily maximum and minimum outdoor/indoor temperature
- Daily maximum wind gust and daily averaged wind speed
- Atmospheric pressure, pressure trend, and expected conditions
- Daily maximum and minimum pressure
- Current rainfall rate along with today/yesterday/monthly/yearly totals
- Time and distance to latest lightning strike
- Lightning strike frequency
- Last 3 hours/today/monthly/yearly lightning strike totals
- Solar radiation and UV index
- Sunrise/sunset information
- Moonrise/moonset information
- Location specific forecast from WeatherFlow
- Location specific Sager Weathercaster Forecast
- Settings screen to change display units and other options
The console layout is fully customisable, allowing you to personalise how you display the data from your WeatherFlow station.
Compatibility - Raspberry Pi
The console is fully supported for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B/B+ and Raspberry Pi 4 running the the 32 bit version of Raspberry Pi OS. It can be run on earlier models or the 64 bit version of Raspberry Pi OS, but no direct support is provided for these environments. It is not compatible with Raspberry Pi Zero, Zero W or Pico.
For Raspberry Pi 3, the ‘Legacy’ (Debian Buster) version of Raspberry Pi OS with desktop must be used. For Raspberry Pi 4, the most recent (Bullseye) version of Raspberry Pi OS must be used.
The console is compatible with the Raspberry Pi Official 7 inch Touchscreen or other HDMI equivalents. Note, screens that attach solely to the GPIO pins (SPI) are not compatible and the console will not start
Compatibility - PC / Laptop
The console is fully supported on laptops and PCs running Ubuntu 20.04 LTS or the desktop version of Raspberry Pi OS. It will run on other debian-based operating systems with Python version 3.7 or above, but no direct support is provided for these environments.
Credit and thanks to @Weather34 and his Home Weather Station template .