Weather Underground - Issues and Comments

I joined the club…my station isn’t reporting to WeatherUnderground. I have been running the weatherflow tempest weather station for a month and this is my second problem. Weirdly the station stopped report ot UW about 5pm two days in a row, then on the third stopped reporting. It reports fine in Tempest world.

Guys - let me help you all. Listen carefully.

WEATHER UNDERGROUND IS A HORRIBLE SERVICE THAT RARELY IF EVER WORKS.

There are zillions of recent reports for many other pieces of software about this. It’s not WF. It’s WU. It is almost ALWAYS a problem at WU. Just shop elsewhere and save yourself the blood pressure.

5 Likes

As they say on wxforum.net:

It’s not you…it’s WU!!!

1 Like

Perhaps I’m lucky as my 3 WU stations mostly work fine. 1 for Tempest, 1 for Sky/Air, and 1 for another comparison brand. Yes, I wish the reporting interval was less than 5 minutes, but that’s fine for what most people are using it for. I’m thankful WF continues to support this service.

I am going to have to DISAGREE… I have used WU for a while. I have Ambient unit hooked to WeatherUnderground and that works fine! I use the Ambient system and tempestwx system as well.
BTW I have only had my Tempest unit a couple months and already had to physically reset my Tempest…because it DISCONNECTED from Weatherflow.

This is setup is for a bunch of people in a vacationing condo…so it isn’t like I am going to get EVERYONE to switch to weatherflow!
WU is regularly ranked in the top of the Weather Sites!

I have Already seen where Weatherflow admitted problems going back in time with connects to WU!

Why has my Ambient had a stable connection for years…but I have already had to restart my tempest to reconnect to tempestwx, reconnect and now dead to WU?

If you want me to help with the CODE…I have some expertise in this area!
Don’t sell something…it can do all these great things…then BLAME other services!

By the Way I JUST received an email confirming that WeatherFlow TURNED OFF the connection to Weather Underground for my unit! They are “encouraging” me to use their systems. So GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE! WeatherUnderground is 6th most visited weather website in the WORLD! Weatherflow has some work to do!

There are messages all over the weewx-user google group mentioning that WU has been very very unstable recently especially for RapidFire setups for many types of stations, so recent history is that it’s definitely WU in recent days, FWIW.

1 Like

My station is often not shown on the map and I thought it is because my micro climate at the headland I am on creates a cool area compared to those further inland and that they do not believe how comfortable it is at my place when every one else is baking.

This temperature all below 25 deg is confirmed by an air and wireless thermometer in a stevenson screen, and a Tempest in the shade. And it feels cool.
And my reading had just been updated on weather underground as shown on my WU display.
cheers Ian :slight_smile:

More likely, your data doesn’t support their global warming agenda… :laughing:

5 Likes