I was very excited to receive my WeatherFlow Tempest. Unfortunately my excitement was short lived when I was unable to pair the Sensor device with the Hub. I e-mailed support the other day but haven’t heard back. While I wait I am wondering if anyone has seen this problem and/or has ideas on things I can try.
- I am able to connect to the Hub from the Android app as the Hub light changes from red to blue.
- When prompted I turn on the Sensor switch and the bottom light on the Sensor slowly blinks green.
- I hit “Next” in the app which then says to wait while the sensor device is found.
- The Hub light beings blinking blue and light blue.
- After some period of time the search times out, the App goes back to telling me to power on the Sensor.
- The light on the bottom of the Sensor does not change during this whole process.
What I’ve tried:
- Resetting the Hub by holding the reset button when plugging the hub in until the light turns blue (found via radio reset topic.)
- Resetting the Sensor by holding the clear button until the light flashes green quickly then goes back to slowly blinking green (as recommended by troubleshooting guide.)
- Pairing the devices in different locations in my house in case there’s some weird interference going on.
- Pairing the devices next to each other (~1 ft) and further apart (~6 ft).
- Restarting my phone.
Has anyone else seen this problem? Does anyone have ideas on other things I can try while I wait on support?