Teapot for Tempest Apps Available for iOS and native macOS

I don’t know why I have never posted anything here, our app has been out for a few months now. :person_facepalming: Teapot is a display focused app that gives you bright, colorful alternatives for displaying your Tempest system observations on iPhone, iPad and Mac computers. We tried to get all pertinent observation data on a single screen so you can easily use an iPad (or iPhone) as a full-time display console. You can check it out at https://teapotapp.com. We also have an active Facebook Group.

4 Likes

I just installed your app on my iPad. Now this is more in line with what I’m looking for. Good job with what I see so far.

I am simply puzzled, or rather appalled, at the lack of a decent “console” for the Tempest. I really don’t have an issue with Weatherflow deciding not to make a physical console. But really, once you do that you need to make a decent app for people to run on their iPads and Android devices. The Tempest app falls flat on it’s face in this regard. It’s like a summer intern project.

I paid for an annual subscription so I’ll give the Teapot app a good testing. I’m sure there’s some things I’d like to see enhanced. But my first glance at this says it will work great.

Here’s the one issue I have right now, and I’m sure I’m not the only one with this wish. At the moment it’s iOS/Mac only. I’d really like to see an Android version. Why? Because I want a dedicated console for my weather station that I can glance at any time I wish and it’s there. I can’t dedicate my iPad to running this app. So I bought an Amazon Fire HD tablet for this purpose. Your app on Android would really validate my purchase choice. The only thing you need to keep in mind is the aspect ratio of Fire tablets, and I suspect many Android tables.

Anyway, good job on this. I will continue my search, but at the moment I’m really glad I ran across this app.

1 Like

I downloaded the APP but gave up on configuring and deleted it. I balked at the Personal Access token.

I found it easy to configure. Just enter in your Station ID and Device ID. Then generate a Personal Access token. I’m not sure why you would balk at that. It doesn’t give them direct access to your weather station. It gives them access to the data at Weatherflow. And only those apps that have your provided Personal Access token can access that data.

4 Likes