Rain calibration since firmware update v94

Same here last night Davis recorded 2 mm rain, Sky 0 mm. This morning it was drizzling think that’s the problem…

Indeed. There were puddles on the street.
Sky indeed didn’t sense the drizzle.

But when I looked into the raid graph, there were some light and verry light rain readings.
Today Sky had 0.1 mm.

Raining here today off and on for past 6 hours… sky has registered a little bit, but definitely not near what it should…

1 Like

Too much rain , my weatherflow station https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/map/4219/52.1863/6.31/10 registered 11.1 mm the neighbourhood stations aprox 1 to 2 mm I’ve a new SKY since beginning oct this is the first rain event in october over here with serious rain.
I hope you can send some callibration in, as the most values are in line I think exept rain I’m very happy with my Weatherflow. staitonnr 4967

1 Like

First rain in a while two days ago:

Rainwise #1 - .40"
Rainwise #2 - .41"
Cocorahs - .44"
Weatherflow - .30"

It seems the weatherflow gauge over-reported for much of the summer, but has under-reported recently. We are expecting inches of rain from a Nor’Easter tomorrow, so we’ll see what happens then.

1 Like

I think this is good news. My WF has detected and recorded .03" of light rain this morning at the beginning of a long duration Nor’Easter. That is 3 times as much rain as my Rainwise and Cocorahs gauges measured, but a couple of weeks ago we had a similar rain that the Weatherflow didn’t detect at all. So, hurrah for little improvements.

EDIT - Something odd I just noticed. The Weatherflow dashboard reports .04" of rain so far this morning, but only .02" is being reported for this station on Weather Underground (WU was checked at a time stamp within 2 minutes of actual time). I rarely look at my WF data on WU. Has anyone else noticed this?

EDIT - DISREGARD, I was looking at one of my other stations. That’s the problem with having too many weather stations. My WF dashboard and WU are indeed reporting the same information, which is about double what my other stations are reporting.

WF .35"
RW#1 .19"
RW#2 .18"

1 Like

I just checked my WU to WF rain data and they are the same.
WF is continuing to record rain as it has the last couple of weeks.
WF has .51 inches
Davis VP2 has .42 inches.

1 Like

6.5 mm yesterday.
Sky performs great in showers and normal rain.

It’s only the verry light rain that’s not reported.

I know WF is working on it.
But furthermore I’m verry pleased with it.

1 Like

We’ve had occasional rain today, from very light to pouring rain. Davis VP2 and Weatherflow they logged identical value (20.6 mm)! Maybe just a coincidence. In the past, WF was not too far from Davis.
Yesterday, I’ve added WF to WU (same location as my Davis is). Is WF doing some comparison and calibrates against the closest WU station hence the results?

Rain calibration is not yet deployed according me. And it is not just reading a station nearby. Not sure what is used but it is a multitude off sources, data from your Sky … and WF magic.
But again, it is not deployed yet.

1 Like

I know they haven’t deployed it yet (my version is still 94) but since the readings were identical, and WF is now on WU, I thought it had something to compare with.

The last 24 hour storm totals for North Central Mass:

RW#1 1.00"
RW#2 1,06"
Cocorahs 1.13"
WF .71"

WF was in the lead early on, but must have faded in the stretch.

1 Like

Same here for me.
WF was out ahead of the Davis VP2 but when storm slowed to a long light rain the Davis totaled .72 and the WF totaled .56

1 Like

Not yet - your SKY’s rain sensor is still using the “one-size-fits-all” calibration settings that were applied with v94. Once we launch the CL component for rain, it will compare your data to known-good sources (possibly including data from nearby stations) and adjust your calibration, if/when necessary.

We had a little front roll through this morning. The four rain gauges were pretty close:

RW#1 .28"
RW#2 .28"
Cocorahs .28"
WF .32"

1 Like

The rainy season is here near Seattle again (sigh)…

wv      vp2    CoCoRaHS
       sky    tipper   gauge
 25   0.65      0.54    1.00
 26   0.13      0.19    0.04
 27   0.61      0.51    1.10
 28   0.75      0.74    0.50
 29   0.03      0.04    0.05    
     ------    ------  -----
      2.17      2.05    2.69
               inches

I was a bit surprised to see the VP2 so under-reporting the two big rain days, that’s a bit unusual. I’ll have to check to see it’s not out of level or plugged up with leaves or webs. The inches/day for the manual gauge are based on when I checked it, which is ‘not’ the recommended 7am local time, but the totals are of course good for the manual gauge…

1 Like

I think I have to send out a S.O.S.!

Sky is measuring 53 mm in just a few hours, there must be a floud on the way :wink:

@WFmarketing please take a look.

3 Likes

I’ve more 85.3 mm its a disaster

2 Likes

Rescue is nearby, they just picked me up!
I’ll save you too :smile:

4 Likes

Rainy day here in The Netherlands.
From midnight until noon now:

Hub Firmware 98
Air Firmware 20
Sky Firmware 43

Davis Vantage Vue : 21.4 mm
WeatherFlow : 25.1 mm
Normal Rain Collector 1 : 21mm
Normal Rain Collector 2 : 20/21 mm
Normal Rain Collector 3 : 19/20 mm