Per my previous thread, I was having strange power issues with my hub, and a new one was sent to me. I received the replacement hub sent to me and followed the directions to add it to my account. However, I have run into a couple of issues, one of which I can’t seem to get solved.
I followed the directions to add a new station. I got to the point where I needed to hold the LED button on the sensor for 5 seconds. I did so and the light began flashing red instead of green. I waited 4-5 minutes to see if this would correct to flashing green, but it didn’t. I power cycled the Tempest sensor and tried again with the same result. Finally, I held the button down just long enough for to start flashing green. It still went to flashing red, but when I power cycled the sensor this time, it came on flashing green. This currently isn’t an ongoing problem, but wanted to report it for bug fix/documentation improvement (I didn’t see flashing red light included in manual) purposes.
Now that I have the sensor flashing green, I clicked on the “Next” button in the app to continue the process, and it will not pass the stage of “Checking hub connection”. It just sits on “Checking hub connection” for a minute or two and then says “Hub not connected”. The current state of the sensor is blinking green light and the current state of the hub is solid red light. Here is everything I have tried to do to get past this:
- Closed and restarted app - no change.
- Power cycled hub - no change.
- Reset hub (unplug -> pin on reset button -> plug back in -> wait 10 seconds) - no change
- Checked app permissions and verified access to Bluetooth and location - no change
- Force stopped app, removed all cache and data files, then restarted - no change
- Uninstalled and reinstalled app - no change
- Manually connected to hub via Bluetooth (connected via Android Blutetooth interface) - light on hub turned blue, but app didn’t see/recognize the connection.
- Tried resetting/power cycling all components (sensor, hub, phone) - no change
Does anyone have any idea what is going on and how to fix this?
Here are setup details to help:
Phone is Pixel 3 XL running latest Android update and security patches
Sensor is mounted on pole on deck outside.
Line of sight from sensor to hub through a standard window and sliding glass door.
Phone kept at various distances to hub during setup attempts, including ~5 inches, 1 foot, 2 feet, 5 feet.
WiFi signal at -48 dBm at hub location/