Photos of Sky and Installation

Looks like a kind of stylish hat for the Sky! :slight_smile:

1 Like

looks great. I’m in Northern Ontario - I’ve given into the snow cover. Just live and forget about it for the winter months :slight_smile:

Keep 'em coming!
It’s getting nice out, let’s see some Spring photos of SKYs if you haven’t shared already! Bonus points for attached solar panel accessory!

Sky%20pic

2 Likes

IMG_20190511_1815564~2

6 Likes

Up and running. :sun_with_face:

6 Likes

Here’s mine!
IMG_20190519_173159548_HDR

7 Likes

The chimney is no longer in use.
IMG_5110%20(Large)

Has anyone else noticed yellowing of the haptic sensor?
IMG_5053%20(Large)

5 Likes

Yep same issue with mine. I am in Phoenix,Az so I am just used to it at this point with any white plastic in the sun. I have a noticeable difference in color between the sky and the solar unit.

1 Like

Fun in the Sun.

7 Likes

Now with new solar panel!

6 Likes

Now with Solar Panel :sun_with_face::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Installed the solar accessory. Now I’ll only need to go up once a year to inspect/clean it along with the solar panels.

8 Likes

Yep, pronounced colour difference in mine when I put in the solar.

Sky with solar panel looks and performs great. Mounted to 1.5" acrylic rod (from Evonik) which UV stable and designed for use as a light guide. Looking forward to lighting it up at night (possibly with color denoting wind speed or temperature) with an LED illuminator.
Note: I didn’t have a chance to turn down the diameter to fit the original pole mount but works well with keyhole/threaded tripod mount.

9 Likes

That’s cool. Now I want of those rods.

Have relocated my station to the roof of the house…Gives me a height of about 35 feet vs the old location height of 12 feet…So far, no false readings and, as best I can tell, no bird problems…Should give me a good wind flow except for a small slice to the West that is partially blocked by a huge tree…(The other two things mounted in the picture are an ADS-B aircraft receiving antenna and an amateur radio 2m-440 antenna as well as a WX Satellite Antenna)…I will update as soon as I have some solid data on the new location…wf1 wf4

4 Likes

looks great Steve but please don’t make a topic each time, try to search for alike ones and add your post. Makes it a bit easier for everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will do…Thanks for the advice…Still learning!

great. Mine uses an acrylic rod as well. It sways a bit more than I was hoping for, but doesn’t cause false rain events. I was planning to add lighting, just as you, but unfortunately the inside edge of my roof wasn’t big enough, so now it is mounted on the outside. I still could add lighting, but then it really has to look clean. So if you come up with a nice clean looking lighting solution, please make a post about it.

1 Like