Photos of Sky and Installation

sky

Really well done, did you build or buy the instrument shelter?

1 Like

Hey Gary,
I can’t figure out how to post images of Sky, Air install, can you advise me?
Thank you.

1 Like

It is tricky to find the tutorials for this site, but try following this:
Where can I find a tutorial for using this site?
If that doesnt help. I drag my images from a file manager window onto the edit box where I want them to appear.
cheers Ian :slight_smile:

3 Likes

From your desktop, drag the photo to the reply box.

0 Likes

Hi thanks
I made it myself over several days out of scrap timber and some white enamel paint I had laying about my shed.
The only thing I bought was the plastic 50mm x 50mm plastic angle to make the louvers.
Very pleased with it.

1 Like

3 Likes

Or use the upload icon:

2 Likes

pinned #315
0 Likes

Here’s a photo of my new installation location since I’ve moved home. The humidity is high I guess because I’ve located the earth-station just inside the treeline.

8 Likes

i love it !!!

1 Like

Thanks! I ended up using a 1" pipe I had laying in my garage. So far it’s been working well.

2 Likes

This is how my Sky Station WF looks!

:slight_smile:

6 Likes

split this topic #320

A post was split to a new message: Vibration from high winds

0 Likes

BTW, theres a nice one being campaigned at Indiegogo right now. Look for “microdrone 4.0”. I backed it.
-Kevin

1 Like

Got a new drone, had to try it out. What do you think?

5 Likes

I don’t see the drone on those pics ??? :rofl:
Pretty sharp pictures and compensates pretty well counter light on first one.
Regarding sky, guess some turbulences when wind comes from roof side :sunglasses:

enjoy the new drone (what model ??)

3 Likes

The drone is a Mavic pro two. Just wanted your opinion about the picture quality and the mounting location.

David

1 Like

the Hasselblad version or cmos version ??

0 Likes

Hasselblad. I am really pleased with this drone. It’s definitely a proSumer quality drone and you could do commercial work with it.

David

2 Likes

Here is a temporary installation. Nothing but hose clamp with 1/4-20 bolt and jam nut secured to an existing horizontal pipe. Only about 6.5 Ft off the ground for now. I have a 12 ft. telescoping pole with the flex mount attached I will install when the weather improves a bit. From reading this forum, the snow is an issue and I should brush it off, but there is more on the way, so why bother.

2 Likes