Missing data when hub is without power

Hello,

As i understand via indiegogo updates news. That when HUB is offline (power off) , weather data is stored on AIR and SKY and when HUB is back online (power on), AIR and SKY would send missing data to him. Screenshot_20180623-082408_Smart%20Weather

Do i have to change some setting or did i miss read information?

for me, I get the last hour re populated OK
but have not seen it work for longer than that?
maybe others can share their experience

2 Likes

same here, in my case I just noticed that it approx restore one hour and half of data in my graph.

Ok…i think that is really not enough…1 hour of data…i was expecting much more…

Put a UPS on the hub and it will store many hours of data. When power returns and you have internet access back, it will upload the data.

4 Likes

Does this still hold true, RE: Data is lost when Hub is powered off? I missed several days of data during a power outage.If the Hub was ON for those several days but Internet was off would it upload all backlogged data for the last several days … when the Internet is restored?

The sensors will only hold a few hours of data so if the hub is not powered you will lose data after that amount of time. Not sure of the exact amount of data a powered hub will hold but believe it is a few days worth. In theory it should backfill the data it holds once internet is restored but last I read a few have had issues with the backfill process.

2 Likes