How to bring up graphs?

How does one bring up a graph of a parameter such a temperature? I haven’t been able to find any information in the app or forum on how to do that. I can’t find anything in the app that can be clicked on to graph. My history tab just tell max, min, and average.

Thanks

1 Like

Up in top right hand corner of app below and to the right of settings icon you will see a icon of the tempest , right click on it and should open old user interface . Then just click on what ever you are wanting to see graph of . Then you can go to top left hand corner of graph you have up and open drop down menu and select any other graph.

Hope that helps

1 Like

That worked, thanks!! To the developers, is this documented anywhere? Hopefully it could be made more obvious.

I’ve been wondering about this too, and only just found this question and answer. Given that history graphs, to some, are equally important to the forecast, it is somewhat amazing that the forecast is now ‘everything’ in the interface, and the history graphs are relegated to some obscure and (apparently) anachronistic click workflow. Here is what I think: the intuitive and user-friendly approach is to allow the user to select the graphic depicting a weather data interface (e.g., wind speed and direction) and have the graph display. Anything else, I assume, is a stepping stone toward this (to me obvious) endpoint.

How come the dials don’t animate like they used to? Am I missing some refresh rate setting?

Are you talking about the dials on the forecast screen? The dials have always animated on the card view. Animated wind will be coming for the forecast screen in the next public app release.

On the landing screen. Mine (iPhone 11 pro and iPad Pro 10.5) only seem to change when I reload the app. I would not call that an animation. If they are updating dynamically the update time must be 30 seconds at least. They used to change every couple of seconds.

Jack Hodges, Ph.D.
Arbor Studios

OK, so the forecast screen. 3-sec updates on that is in beta testing right now. What about the card display screen. Does wind update every 3-sec after it starts updating?

I see. If I go to Settings and select Full Scree Mode I get the old view and the animations are there. Not super intuitive but functional.

Jack Hodges, Ph.D.
Arbor Studios

I am sorry but I do not refer to screens as ‘card’ screens. What screen does the app initialize to? In the business that is a landing page. That is what I see unless I go to settings. If I go to settings I can select Full Screen and then I see the old/familiar screen and it updates as before. What I didn’t know until this morning was how to get to that screen. Now I have 2 ways to get there. For me the current data and the history graphs are more important than forecasts; that is why I have a weather instrument. Forecasts call into question a lot of things, such as who made them, when were they made, were they based on my machine’s data or are they an aggregate of many machines, and if so how many and what is the algorithm, … as a result I don’t pay much attention to forecasts but to trends in forecasts.

Jack Hodges, Ph.D.
Arbor Studios

The forecast page is the landing page. I was just confirming that you were for sure referring to that as the display with the blue background is the card display and used to be the landing page. Here is a screen shot of the forecast page and the circled Tempest icon is the quick way to get to the card page.

The card view, shown below, is called such since you can move the cards around using the app by tap&holding on one for a moment then you can change the order.

Under Settings, Stations, station name, Advanced you can hide the forecast card and/or the battery card. At least on Android, if you don’t close the app and it is on the card view, when you go back to the app it will show the card view. There is a request to have the default page be user selectable.

1 Like

I did not know that we can rearrange the cells on the ‘card’ page. Thank you for telling me that.

Jack

2 Likes