How many Tempest Units have been sold?

Evening from New Zealand.
Had my Tempest running alongside my Davis 6163 for over 6 months now :slight_smile:
Keen to know how many Tempest devices have been sold / installed globally?
Tried searching to no avail.

1 Like

if the station id’s are now up into the 35000. It only tells us that it isn’t more than that. If id’s are given out sequentially, the number of sold items might be close to that (besides a couple of people that created a station more than once using the same tempest)

Just mentioning that there are some people who have a single station id with more than one Tempest connected to it.
And the station id’s began with the Sky which means a few thousand station ids were used up prior to the Tempest.
But I did read a post where I think Eric mentioned how many devices were being updated, so he might know…

The station I setup at my sister’s house two months ago is 45970 so we are well beyond that now.

2 Likes

Just curious how closely your Tempest tracks to your Davis station.

Thanks,
tweatherman

perhaps non public / proprietary info

I just received mine two weeks ago and it was showing 49178.

1 Like

Serial numbers are not assigned in sequential order.

That is his station ID. Given that it is over 3000 more than when I set up my sister’s station one could assume the number of new stations since then to be 1000-2500 or so considering that some will delete their station and recreate it or as in my case, replacing a hub forcing a new station ID to be created.

I can’t say how many where sold or the break down in models but we’re nearing 25.000 active stations.

3 Likes

Hi all.

I was wondering how many units are operational, roughly, now (April 2024) ? Is the data collected from them fed into more “formal” algorithms such as the ones used by the met office?