CWOP Integration

You can/should for a while at least run weewx with debug=1 for more logging. On a pi that is /var/log/syslog typically.

You might want to check your weewx setup - your APRS info says you’re running the Simulator driver (?) but it’s uncertain from your minimal data on the APRS link whether that’s true or not.

If your weewx graphs look like sine waves it’s running the Simulator. Check your syslog.

Weewx should run for ‘many’ months without stopping so definitely look at your syslog on the pi to figure out what’s going on there.

If your barometer is unexpectedly offset make sure your altitude is set correctly in weewx.conf so any altitude compensation is correct. Your location is high enough above sea-level that you definitely want to set that at least reasonably close to correct. See (here) for details. FWIW, my recollection is that the WF UDP driver does the right thing for the Tempest if you run its recommended configuration and put your correct altitude in weewx.conf.

Lastly, remember that the UDP packets are what the hub emits with all its hidden corrections applied based on however the station has been tuned by WF continuous learning magic. On a new station the tunings haven’t been applied yet so your mileage will vary until WF’s side dials things in quietly at some unknown date+time after the station goes online.

2 Likes

per @vreihen’s post several threads up. . .
Real hams send their APRS weather packets on 144.390 MHz. :wink:

RIP Bob Bruninga / WB4APR (the inventor of APRS), who went SK a few weeks ago…

For those who don’t speak HAM (Amateur Radio). . .a deceased Amateur Radio Operator is referred to as an SK or Silent Key meaning they will never be able to get on the air again or send morse code with the telegraph key or iambic paddles.

2 Likes

Yeah I seen that. I have a APRS iGate at my house also, its digi’s also Its a WX3in1 Plus 2.0. I set it up to do weather from my weather undergroud but its not sending so will have to look at that more after this.issue is wrapped up. I sent to the info of WX3in1 and he asked some things but its nothing on my side as I have the settings in as it requests.

Added my wx station to my profile. OK I may have to do some of this after work tonight (in about 9 hours from now). I think the simulaor driver I went back to because when I did the other driver it or that was the attempt at least, it stopped updating on APRS altogether so I reverted back and it worked.

I am not real good with Linux but have Allstarlink (HAMVOIP) so I have a couple pi’s going with that. Following step by step what to do and copy and paste is always nice. I just enabled debug. Will have to give the other driver a try after work. It seems like things showing on APRS a little more than this morning but still dont match exactly to my weather station

If you are expecting a ‘Simulated’ set of readings to match your ‘real’ Tempest, you might want to rethink that expectation. Remember weewx is going to use whatever driver you have configured, right or wrong.

Personally, I’d recommend just running @vreihen’s nice WF UDP driver. You probably want to just run “sudo wee_config --reconfigure” and let it prompt you. Be sure you have your driver stanza for the WF UDP driver in there before you do so. It’ll make your life easier.

2 Likes

Ok that’s probably why then lol was trying to find the info. I did download the weather flow udp driver option 0 but then it stopped uploading so guess I missed something and it was getting late this morning so will take a stab after work again

I think I got it finally. I didnt have my ST-number in the memory map was at least one thing. I’m trying to remember what else I tried. It seems to be working though so Thanks again for all your help!

2 Likes

Sorry to revive an old thread, but thought I could offer some perspective as an NWS forecaster… Sadly, at least at the local Forecast Office level, we do not see weatherflow data in AWIPS or any of our internal systems. We do ingest CWOP/APRS and can display it in AWIPS. So while sending weatherflow/tempest data to CWOP might be redundant, it is useful if you’d like it to be seen by your local NWS office.

4 Likes

What office if you don’t mind sharing?

tweatherman

1 Like

Link to a June 2023 thread An Apps Script Project to send Wunderground, Windy, PWSWeather, Weathercloud, OpenWeatherMap, WindGuru, and/or CWOP that shows you a easy way to use https://script.google.com to upload your Tempest data to CWOP.

2 Likes