[API] Delete Selected Data

In an upcoming update I think it would be very helpful if we could delete the data of just ONE day instead of all the data. When you first put up the station it will move; false rain readings. When you have to pull it back down to hit the reset button and put it back up; false readings. Would like to be able to erase just the day of data.
Thanks!

3 Likes

I like this idea, but I think it would be better to be able to chose how much data to be deleted (e.g. 1 day, 1 hour, 30 minutes, etc.). The problem I can see is that the if the data has been shared publicly, then it is already out there with multiple sources. Data already with these non-Weatherflow sources would be difficult to delete I would think.

3 Likes

Or at least the ability to PAUSE the Data recoding if we need to move it around.

4 Likes

There is a feature request for this.

3 Likes

I would like a feature in the app and web app where you can delete a single bit or multiple bits of data without deleting all the data. The reason why I ask this is that you can end up with incorrect inputs and you would have to wipe all your data to clear it. It could also be useful when you receive a replacement unit and don’t want to wipe the existing data just because you had to install the replacement and it left invalid readings.

2 Likes

I would like the ability to manually clear a false rain reading. I closed my fence gate yesterday and the vibration created a false “tip”.

1 Like

I’d like this as well. The current option, deleting all data, is excessive for cases like the one @steven mentioned and one where I had to make a small adjustment to the mount causing it to register “rain”.

1 Like

I merged 3 items in one, they are similar, differ in details, day versus point versus …
But all talk about the ability to delete erroneous data without cleaning all.
Combined there are more votes than having them separate around the same idea.

4 Likes

Hi all, I am loving my new Tempest but the one issue I have is that the first couple of days I had it, it was indoors. Thus, the data reflects that. I would love to be able to remove those couple of days of data, but all I can find is an all-or-nothing option for data deletion. I see early this year there was a request in for this to be an added feature. Has anyone heard about whether or not this will be coming anytime soon?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. You have asked for the most asked for features.

It is among the features that WeatherFlow will add in a future release.

add your vote on top if you have any left

Do you have an idea when this option will be released?

1 Like

Yes, this would be a great feature! Today for example, my “Air” was blown away in a strong storm and lost it’s data connection to the Hub. (I need to secure it better although it was happy where it was for the past two years) It then was taken inside to inspect and cleaned and of course the temp readings are all wrong which will mess up long term history charts. Being able to delete a few hours would be fantastic!

2 Likes

Got my vote. Over 100 degrees difference within 3 days.

over 3 years and still no pause ability???

Had this request in awhile back also. Are we there yet? I hate looking at a 108.5 all time temperature reading here. :joy:

Hi all.
Would like this feature also.
One wrong sensor and all the history is wrong. ; mine is pressure sensor, and there is no way to see the lower all-time pressure at home, since there are false values…

1 Like

Wouldn’t it make more sense to be able to delete the actual false data without deleting an entire day’s readings? Not sure I understand the underlying database well enough, but would assume there are individual elements that could be deleted rather than a whole day’s data.

My issue is false rain readings from some combination of wind and sand blowing here in the desert. High winds alone don’t generate the false readings some my assumption is that it is related to the amount or size of sand blowing around.