Tempest on LED matrix display

Just an update for those wondering and a thanks to @rohan and crew for pushing through all the challenges created by the pandemic, my Tidbyt displays are en route to my house! :grinning:

In case it’s useful to anyone, I’ve released the source for this integration here:

Hopefully it is a useful example of how to make a simple Python-like integration with the Tempest OAuth API.

3 Likes

Did you ever figure out why station pressure is displayed rather than sea-level pressure? If not, maybe someone here in the forum can spot what the fix is.

Someone actually figured it out and already submitted a fix!

1 Like

Awesome, and it has now shown up correctly on both of my Tidbyts. :smiley:

Unfortunately getting the temperature to display with the actual decimal point would require a changes to the Tempest API.

The Tidbyt integration uses the /better_forecast REST endpoint as that returns current conditions (Clear, Foggy, etc) as well as the temperature, pressure, wind values converted to the units (mph/kph) of the stations location. The forecast call unfortunately returns a rounded whole number temperature so the decimal point is lost and will always display zero.

Ideally they could add /observations/station/{station_id} a param to this call to include current conditions which would include the the current conditions from the forecast call converted to the known station units (and returned as a decimal value)

That is unfortunate. Is it easy to edit the Tidbyt app to not display the .0 until the code is rewritten to get the decimal value?

Should just be a matter of changing the %g° to %d° here community/tempest.star at main · tidbyt/community · GitHub

1 Like

@gizmoev The Tidbyt should be showing without the ZERO now.

1 Like

Great! Now it won’t give the impression that there is an extra digit of precision. Hopefully at some point someone has the time to modify the code to get the decimal value and not just an integer.

Thanks,

David

Unfortunately I think that is going to take changes on the Weatherflow Tempest API

Rohan- Just received my Tidbyt and love it! I too have a tempest weather station and would like to display. I am no programmer is there plans to publish a Tempest Weather app for us non-programmer types?

Just add Tempest Weather to the list of apps to run on the Tidbyt.

1 Like

I LOVE my Tempest and Tidbyt. They make a great pair.

anyone up for the challenge to make it work with a divoom Pixoo 64? double the pixel for half the price of the Tidbyt (not quite, but almost)

I even have a referral code for you (I don’t care, but you save 10%)
Use Divoom International Referral Program

Looks like a great thing for a Smart Home :+1:

It would be a nice addition for one of my Tempest stations, I already have a WF PiConsole at one of my stations.

Don’t you have a nice discount for Tempest station owners? :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you Petr

I too would like to know if there is an integration.