Shipping Update June 25

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Photos of Sky and Installation

@peter.qvarnstrom - FYI, the rationale for making the combined shipment option was mostly for the European backers, who would have been hit with huge import taxes twice on a split shipment. When WF announced that they were going to split the Hub/Air and Sky into two shipments, they received enough feedback from backers about the import taxes where they offered the option (and associated logistical headaches) of doing either split or combined shipments. I doubt that tooling up to run/ship another batch of Hub/Air devices would overcome very many backersā€™ frustrations at this time, since most would still choose to wait because of the taxesā€¦

1 Like

Do you promise not to harass them? What about your constant whinging on the Facebook group?

We get it, youā€™re bored and want your toy. If itā€™s too much for you, please ask them for a refund because Iā€™m sure sick of hearing about your theories.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what Facebook is best used for. :smiley:

Itā€™s so complainers can feel good about themselves.

1 Like

:grinning:ā€¦

2 Likes

27 June Update: Good news just in. Our parts shipment has been successfully retrieved from Chinese customs. The parts shipment is currently with our broker in Hong Kong. Researching alternative way to get the parts into China and delivered to Shenzhen factory. Will post what we know, when we know it.

:crossed_fingers:

14 Likes

Great to hear. I thought HongKong is Chinaā€¦

Great news Weatherflow.
I am patiently waiting on my batch. :grin::sunglasses:.
Untill that time my Acurite station does the job.

No thats what China says and Hong Kong tries to Denie

That bit oā€™ news made my day.

Nothing sadder than looking up at my roof and seeing that empty mount yearning for its distant Sky. :wink:

4 Likes

28 June Update: No news last night from broker in Hong Kong. Will let yā€™all know when we know.

3 Likes

Chin up guys, youā€™re doing great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ummm - rent a van and driveā€™em upā€¦

1 Like

Good idea, if it was only that easy. The parts are in Hong Kong. They need to get to ShenZhen. Both are China, but there is a strong border between them. Hong Kong is a ā€œspecial administrative regionā€ of China. Easy to get shipments in, hard to get out.

3 Likes

See: Production update July 2

I feel your pain. This is my empty 10 foot mast on my back deck just waiting ā€¦image

What $299 unit are you talking about? Iā€™m about there myself.

crennikā€¦
Good thread on that hereā€¦
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=24395.0