Remote Reboot of Hub and Devices

A remote power switch like the Kasa will work for the hub but not for a Tempest device that is up on a roof, which I believe is mostly what this topic is about.

1 Like
  1. This of critical importance to our situation as well. The sensor is located on a pole that requires a specific person to do the reboot. The person has a lot to do and rebooting is a low priority.

2. In product management terms, this is a SEV 1 issue. When this bug occurs the system fails, tickets are submitted, support is not able to solve it remotely. Support can only read the instruction.

1 Like

amazing this isnt in there by default given the nature of the device and where it located, and for many of us 4-5 months a year were not going to climb an icy snow covered roof

if the option is there for support it should be easy to add into the app or the web interface at the very least

1 Like

Yes, please! I could have used this feature today for a local reboot, to fix a wind speed issue.

Make it 97 votes. Just got done asking by email for a reset of speed and direction. It worked great. But how much time would be save by doing the same thing thru the app? How much time would it save Weatherflow (we are 5 emails in to get me to here, plus the reset)?

If we can do it one sensor at a time, great. If you can only do a master reset, great. If Weatherflow wants to make a log of our resets, great. PLEASE move this request forward soon !!!

You might want to click on the vote button at the top of topic, then. Assuming you have any votes left.

Thank you. Frequently lost in discord and forums.

…Steve

YES! This would be a very welcomed feature for my particular installation on a 40 foot mast. My Tempest has got offline twice in the last month; each time with lightning strikes in the 2-4 mile range.

I reboot a lot of finicky smart home devices with smart plugs & switches. I have a mix of Kasa and Wyze, they all work great so far.

2 Likes