Refresh interval or UDP

Hello there,
I had received station yesterday,
I see that “https://swd.weatherflow.com/swd/rest/better_forecast” have refresh_interval_seconds: 60,
is it possible to set to 10seconds or get data in realtime?
I also see that UDP only listen to local network, is it possible to listen to public(open port 50222 in router settings not helped, because I can’t access to my ip:50222 from remote VPS).
Do I need to bind station to my public ip.?

I think the Tempest (station) reports all sensors except wind every 60 secs. Wind, I think it’s every 3 seconds. So, I guess it’s hardcoded to have a balance between refresh rate / battery life?

I haven’t tested to see if there is a way to push that packets to a specific IP, I’m interested as well since I want to have the Tempest in a different VLAN than the Pi Console for example.

1 Like

The Hub collects the data from the sensor array and transmits the packet once every 60 seconds. There is no method for that time to be changed.

UDP data stays on the network of which the Hub belongs.

Typically if you want to segregate IoT devices onto a separate VLAN, you also would put any devices needing to talk to them on that VLAN as well, or else why did you bother VLAN’ing in the first place ?

Stick your PiConsole on the same VLAN.

1 Like

I have a completely segregated LAN :slight_smile: including FW rules to only Allow or Deny what I want the devices to pass.

I currently have the WF and the Pi Console in a IoT VLAN and they works perfectly.

1 Like

@fpb - I misread your reply and didn’t catch that you were just speculating about forwarding. Sorry.

No, UDP is a ‘broadcast’ from the hub to the LAN subnet. It is not listening. It is transmitting.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish ?

1 Like

@ferid2203 if you have a Linux-like system on the same network segment as the hub you should be able to relay messages with that system as unicast UDP with something as simple as while [ 1 ]; do socat -u -s udp-recv:50222 udp:10.1.2.3:50222; done where the “while” loop is used to respawn the forwarder as needed (it will die if the specifed remote destination replies that it’s not listening for anything on port 50222).