Obsolete : New Tempest firmware: v134

I recommend opening a support ticket for your issue too. If WF starts seeing a lot of trouble tickets for this issue, they will see that this may be a widespread problem.

1 Like

Just lobbing a note in here to let you know we’re reading every comment even when we don’t reply to each one.

Regarding the deployment of the latest firmware, more than 95% of all Tempests are on v134 now, but there are still some stragglers out there. Don’t worry if you’re not on v134 - you will be eventually and you likely won’t notice anything in the meantime.

Regarding the reboot issue, it is normal for the Tempest to reboot once in a while and it typically will not affect performance (other than an occasional missed one-minute observation). If you are seeing frequent updates that are causing problems with your system, definitely reach out to support. Once we have more data, we’ll take a look to see if the latest firmware release has caused a general increase in the reboot frequency.

10 Likes

Prior to v134, I didn’t notice any reboots, now I don’t ever see a day of uptime. I am going to start tracking it more careful now.

I just checked mine and the uptime on my tempest is 11 days 16 hours 53 mins 11 seconds.I got my update to 134 somewhere around the end of july or begginning of august.So my tempest must be o.k.

I’m seeing reboots that weren’t before.

1 Like

Oh geez. Not good when one of our staple people sees this too.

My Hub is 143… and Tempest is 129.
No reboots… since the Tempest is still 129… :smiley:

hub 143 and Tempest 134 since 34 days without a single reboot

Same here - Hub (143) & Sensor (134) up since the July 20 update.

So there is definitely some issue that is causing these reboots. For all I know it is environmental.

heat days ? Expanding plastic pushing on some component ??

The reboots on my previous Tempest sensor was happening overnight, not during daytime.

Agree doesn’t seem heat related. Yesterday I saw a reboot at 10:22 AM and 11:24 PM. It was a relatively cool day for Texas. Also pretty sure it started the same time as the v134 update.

1 Like

My reboots started when the sensor firmware upgraded from v129 to v134. Once the sensor updated to v134, the uptime never exceeded more than 9-12 hours. That sensor is being sent back to WF for analysis.

My Tempest (production) unit is pretty lucky I guess. It was upgraded from v129 to v134 at 5:15am CDT on Sat Aug 1st and has not lost any data or rebooted once since then! ALL data points are intact dating back to the 1st of August and beyond. My Tempest FieldTest unit was sent back to WF at DAB (Daytona Beach) FL on Sat August 8th to repair the charging circuitry. The latest message from them is “We’ve received it but have not had a chance to evaluate it yet.”

SO. . .if anyone has returned a Tempest for either repair or replacement. . . .expect a very looooooooooong delay because they are worse than terribly busy!

1 Like

I’m still waiting to hear if the issue with my original Tempest has been found. Rob has done everything except sacrifice a live chicken. I’m really starting to think some of the issues are environmental. Maybe related to altitude or RF interference.

3 Likes

Hopefully, the live chicken won’t try to roost on top of the Tempest sensor. :joy:

2 Likes

My 2nd Tempest replacement sensor (Unit #3) just rebooted after being online for over 24 hours. This replaced Unit #2 that was rebooting daily from v134.

I’ve been updated for some time now. I have an uptime of 12 days. That might have been the last firmware update date too.

Personally, I think living directly next to a Stargate portal has something to with it. :wink:

3 Likes