Excessive lightning reports [AIR not Tempest]

if turning off the equipment in and around your house didn’t solve it, it might be a faulty sensor. Or do you have some nearby transformer of the powergrid?

what you could try, to rule out a faulty sensor, is to connect the hub to a powerbank and just for testing have a picknick with the sensor and the hub a mile away from your house. (don’t leave the car running, the engine is a probably cause of lightning). The hub will store data it receives from the sensor, even without wifi connection, so data will be transferred when you get back home. Or, as mentiond, stay at home but turn the home off (still need the powerbank)

ok Thanks Eric. Appreciate it

Sunny, I think I’ll just keep it turned off until I see the forecast for a storm coming in.

Hi There,

I saw a bunch of activity to my original post and I thought I’d chime in and provide how my situation was resolved. When I originally had the excessive lightning reports issue I was in possession of two WeatherFlow systems (one for me and one for my father). My simple test was to install the 2nd “Air” unit in the exact same location as the “Air” unit that was reporting all of the excessive lightning.

The 2nd “Air” unit had absolutely no issues at all. As a result, I received a replacement Air unit from Weatherflow and have had no issue since. Having the 2nd Air unit available was key to testing that nothing else was causing the issue I was experiencing.

5 Likes

If you wish to test the sensor some where remote from your house hub/wifi. I have carried out lots of testing with Skys using the hub connected to my mobile phone as a hot spot driving the car powered from the car. It worked fine.
cheers Ian :slight_smile:

2 Likes