btstWx ~ WeatherBox

@chris1

Submitted the btstWx app to the Amazon Appstore… in the review process now, will update when it’s available.

3 Likes

iYour first version (FWYC Wx) seems close to what I need for wall display fed from WFlo but I’m not seeing how to access the app. I esp like the combined wind rose + graphing function at the bottom The versions I’m seeing at the APP Store and u’r website seem to to be more phone related for mobile use? Please advise if/where to find that console version? Thanks…John

John,

You are correct. The Wx Console is NOT on any of the app stores … yet!

What Os are you wanting to run it on? I currently support iOS, Android and Windows. I can get you a ‘beta’ copy.

–Sam

2 Likes

Thanks for replying Sam

The only device I have currently that is “Pad-size” for use as a console is an IOS iPad. I could experiment with that right now but I have too much invested in the hardware to dedicate it for wall display permanently. There are much cheaper Android displays – would you say Android would be a good choice for modest cost display hardware, long-term?

It looks like you have a good thing started here. Not being real savvy about porting data to display stuff I was disappointed when WF opted not to produce the dedicated display unit originally visioned. But it leaves a great opportunity for someone to produce something a commoner could use as a semi-configurable display. I realize others’ have some solutions available too but it really can’t be too complicated for me to make it work! Thanks for what you’ve begun here and if you have any comments about in-home display setups I’d appreciate it! I assume this void will fill-in as more WF units become operational.

John

John,

I just delivered a WF setup to a client of mine, and they are using an older 7" android tablet as their display console.

I had it running during testing without issues for almost a year.

I would suggest a mid-range 8"-10" Android tablet to save costs…

–Sam

2 Likes

Thanks Sam. I’ll find a reasonable Android tablet and then contact you for the app. Regards…John

1 Like

Coming soon to Google Play & iOS AppStore:

Updates to btstWx & btstWxPRO… ‘Landscape Console Mode’ & ‘Unit Type Selection’

Next up… Unit Type Selection for WX Console.

–Sam

2 Likes

Hi Sam

I finally acquired my new Android and ready to go. I’d appreciate it if you can arrange for me to give your WX Console/Uploader a go!

Regards…John Griffin

@1jkgriffin John,
Will send you a link to the Wx Console later today.

First, what is your WF Station ID?
–Sam

2 Likes

Thank you!

The number on the bottom of my hub is “3082”

Regards…John

John,

“You can find your StationID via the WF website or in the WF SWS app. Log into your account, click the Gear in the upper left, then select ‘Stations’ in the ‘Manage’ section. Select your station, then tap ‘Status’. Your StationID is at the top of the list.”

–Sam

2 Likes

Sam - sorry to be so dense. I watched the on-line video but couldn’t determine what button they pressed and never found my way to that screen. I’m not the brightest bulb when it comes to these things – unfortunately😊

The station ID is “1671”

Thank you! John

And now… the btstWx app is available on the Amazon Appstore… Just search for ‘btstWx’

PRO version coming soon to the AA.

–Sam

2 Likes

I have a Galaxy Tab 4 and cannot find the app in the play store. I have it on my android phone and like it. Can you point me to a version for the Tab 4?

PM’ed you about the Galaxy Tab 4.
–Sam

2 Likes

Any update on getting Wx Console into the app stores?

Should be up in the next two weeks. Working on the ‘setup’ pages now.

Been working on updating the mobile app lately. New features coming soon!
–Sam

4 Likes

Latest version of the mobile app is available on Google Play:

Free version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nascg.nascg.btstwx

Pro version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nascg.nascg.btstwxpro

Many, many, many thanks to @tlwolter for beta-testing, troubleshooting, feature requests and helping with making sense of the raw SWS data.

iOS version will be released soon… waiting on Apple to decide it’s good-to-go.

4 Likes

@WxSnare,

An alternative to the WxConsole is using landscape mode in the Mobile app… pretty much provides the same info…

Are you using Android or iOS?

–Sam

2 Likes

Android devices. Maybe I misunderstood, but was thinking it would do CWOP upload?