btstWx ~ WeatherBox

Thanks for the feedback.
Working on a fix now.

Thanks for your quick response. You have done a great job with this app.

Thanks for the kind words.
I fixed to touch-crash issue and will double check the text overflow on our iPad mini and Pro.

Awesome job on this. I’m loving the app and now keeping it default for by two tablets that are my displays in our kitchen and my office.

btstwx 3.8.5 on Fire 8 HD Tablet. I have it in landscape mode. When I choose a different NWS Local Conditions station (for me the default is KCOS, but I want KFLY which is much closer to my home), this change stays for awhile, but then I’ll look later on and its back to KCOS (default). Also to change it on the tablet, you seem to hit a very specific spot to get the drop down of other stations. On my iPhone (so smaller screen) its much easier to tap and get the drop down. Note: I just saw on my iPhone (latest iOS) do the same with changing from KFLY back to KCOS. It seemed to be when it changed from “Mostly Clear” to “Clear” when the station changed back to default. I don’t think Visibiltiy distance changed.

Update, I just saw it change again, it was when the condition went from Clear to Mostly Clear this time(But that could also be the difference between the two stations to). I just confirmed that KCOS is reporting Mostly Clear, and KFLY is reporting Clear, so the change is when it switches, not because of a change in the reporting condition (I hope that makes sense).

1 Like

Thanks!
I will look into the NWS auto-change.

I just checked (should’ve earlier) and FWYC Wx works fine with connection and display. Still can’t “see” my station.

BTW, appreciate your time and help with this.

FWYC is NOT a WeatherFlow station… It is a Davis Instruments station that posts data to my server. btstWx pulls the FWYC data down from my server on demand.
So… it works a bit differently than the WF data feeds.

Actually, looks like the issue with your Fire is OpenSSL issue. I have it fixed and running on my Android 5.1 tablet now.

–Sam

Not asking you to dive into helping me with my hardware, but are you saying this is something I need to fix or something you’re going to address with the app?

Thanx

This should be fixed in the next release. When compiling v3.8.5, I did not include the correct SSL libraries for Android 5.x. I have corrected that…

So, v3.8.6+ should be 100% Android 5 compatible. Nothing to do on your end but wait for the update.
–Sam

Great, thanks again :+1:

2 Likes

iOS 13.4.1
iPhone XR
Btstwx 3.8.5

When in landscape mode and I tap on the third icon at the bottom (looks like a monitor), I get a screen saying gettiing wx history, and it never refreshes. If I go back to either the first or 2nd icon on the bottom and no l go back to portrait mode, then tap that third icon it refreshes properly and shows the graph.

Also, how does the lightning count work? On the Tempest app it shoes for the last 3 hours and I have a count of around 300 strikes, but with Btstwx I have a count of over 1,300 since midnight, but looking at the Tempest app, there aren’t any strikes shown before the three hour count. Just curious about the discrepancy.

Thanks for the feedback, Mike.
Looking into the Landscape Graph issue, as well as the Lightning Count.

Will have more info for you later today.
–Sam

Mike,
Figured out why the graphs were not loading… minor fix.
Also, the Lightning Count was due to pulling the wrong data field from the Tempest data packet coming from the WF servers…

So, easy fix for both… and will be present in the next update.
–Sam

Great! That was quick. Overall a great app. Thanks for this!

2 Likes

V3.9.0 coming soon, with fixes for issues reported in v3.8.5.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback.

2 Likes

Hi Sam,
I have several Sky’s due to helping with rain testing. BTST is using the wrong one for my wind. My wind should be using my Sky #4514 here https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/4555/graph/21498/wind/2
But I sometimes change them depending on failures.
Is there a way for me to select which Sky it uses?

cheers Ian :slight_smile:

Ian,
Right now… no.
BUT, that IS a feature coming very, very soon!
–Sam

2 Likes

My sea-level pressure started to report incorrectly. The station-pressure is right (both 24.07) but Tempest is reporting 30.28 and BTST is reporting 30.88.
I’ve tried closing and restarting the app.

Thanks for the report.
I’ll look at it this morning.
–Sam

I’m using a different formula than WF for calculating the SLP.
Modding the app now to use the same as WF.
–Sam

1 Like