Windspeed Stops working

Was working fine until today. Outside its gusting over 20mph. Any ideas on how to fix?

What’s the sensor status showing in the app? Does it show any failures?

Might be worth switching the tempest off for a few minutes and then back on, see if that fixes it.

Is the sensor status located in Settings?

Settings - manage (stations) - your station name - the press status

1 Like

Thanks for the picture. It says Sensor status is OK

Hmm give it a reboot see if that does anything. Other than that follow the trouble shooting steps for sensor not showing data.

make sure the units battery is good and has had sunlight recently.

If the above doesn’t fix log a ticket with @WFsupport they’ll be able to assist.

Did you reboot the Tempest in the meantime?

Actually, it looks like all data is continuously.
And I can’t see any interruption or restart neither of Hub or Tempest.

Do you see it different?

How do i reboot. This unit is a month old

All i see is an on/off switch

push the led button is an option or just switch off, wait 5 secs and switch back on does the trick :wink:

1 Like

I turned the unit off for 10min and turned off the modem to boot

Not sure what you want to achieve really, you’re station is running and doesn’t need a reboot.

Just took a screenshot and you can see the hub is running for 1 d 20h and your tempest for 23h and some
Turning off internet access is not rebooting the system btw

1 Like

The unit is totally free to capture the wind speed which currently is at least 10mph out

yours

station close to yours though still quite away, (west from you)

Can’t say it seems way off (knowing wind is very local and can be influenced by many elements, especially gust). On average both of you seem in the same wind speeds

So why am i not getting any wind speed. The screen shots i sent show no gusts yet blowing at least 15mph here. Thats my issue and why i spent $327

Hey Eric
Let me ask you this. Would a metal pipe that its mounted on affect proper measurents.

I’m having a similar problem - just opened a ticket. Based examination from ground level, it appears that the slot where the wind is sensed is clogged (black accumulation around the edges) - either insects or smoke/dust, all of which we have frequently.

Any suggestions on cleaning - would compressed air and/or a stream of water (squirt gun) damage anything?

Thanks in advance!
Clay Jackson

OK - found out what’s going on. I have the “bird ring”. A few weeks ago, I watched a large raptor (probably an eagle - VERY large) trying to get at a SMALL bird that had managed to land on the top of the station between the spikes. It dislodged the bird ring, so it is now almost completely covering the sensor slot. Next time the wind dies down long enough, I’ll bring the station down or borrow my neighbor’s 30’ tripod ladder and see if I can get it fixed. I looked at the station through binoculars and there are feathers trapped between ring and the slot, and some blood and other stains on the top and sides of the station.

On one of my stations the bird ring kept getting pushed down over the wind gap. I put a large zip tie around it after repositioning it and it has stayed put ever since. Maybe that would help yours stay put, too.