My Tempest is currently driving me crazy I had it mounted on an aluminum pole (~1.6m high) on my flat roof but on windy day, I got rain reports all the day whereas the sky was blue. I went up on my roof and notice that the pole was indeed vibrating. So, I cut it by ~40cm, filled it with sand and put some kind of rubber like double sided tape around the pole, inside the parasol stand.
I was pretty sure this would stop those false rain readings caused by wind. Indeed it improved but I still see a correlation between wind gusts and rain rate. I see many people with Tempest on metal poles and I really wonder how people do not get wrong rain reports.
I wanted to have Weatherflow calibrate the rain sensor with my data (I have a rain gauge next to the Tempest as you can see on the picture) but until the false readings are solved, it doesn’t make sense.
I’ll try with a PVC pole filled with sand to see if it is better than metal. It’s crazy how this thing is sensitive to vibrations. And Weatherflow barely mention it in the documentation. I really doubt that the pole in concrete example shown in https://help.weatherflow.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047672153-Example-Installations would withstand more than 20km/h wind without reporting rain.
I know there is already many post regarding this issue but this issue makes the rain sensor totally unreliable for me (+ the fact that it does not detect light rain).
If anyone has a (simple and nice) solution that will work for sure, please, tell me. Or anything that could be 3D printed would work for me too.