Wind Gusts Not Showing Up Correctly on the General Statistics Page

I reported this quite a long time ago, but it is still an issue so I thought I would throw it out again.
When I look at the page that says “Howard Home Hub” at the top that lists the data from both devices, the wind is at the top and says Gusting 0 - 2 mph. However, when I click on the widget and open the graph, the lowest reading I see is 8 mph and the high is 18. That is obviously a significant difference. I bought this device purely for the wind readings so I could see when my horses need to be brought in. Since I now understand the discrepancy I always click in to see the graph, but it would be really nice if the reading on the first screen was correct.

Im having the same issue. Very irritating. Looking forward to an answer

Post an image of what you’re seeing.

Im having steady wind of 10-20mph all day yet is what i see on main page all day

And my unit is 10` clear of any obstruction

@jaybird I just looked at your station. The main screen and your graphs seem to match, so you don’t have the problem howard has. It might be too low as you describe, but that is a different problem.

@howardfamily what is your station id? so we can have a look.

I am not sure what you mean by station id and I couldn’t find anything. The username on the login is markriley@outlook.com. Does that help?

if you scroll down on the main page you’ll see the share icon on the bottom right. It will give you something like https://tempestwx.com/station/15906 (the last 5 digits are your station id, but 15906 is mine) (there must be otherways to find it, but this one is straight forward)

1 Like

thanks, but currently you have hardly any wind at all. I will have a look again later.

however that doesn’t seem to be the link to your tempest, but to your sky/air unit at home

There is just a little bit of breeze now.

I am not sure I understand the part about the link. The link is what I found when I followed the directions you sent. We do not have the new “Tempest”. We have the original Sky/Air.

Kim

Hi Kim,
my mistake, I was confused by the picture of the station above (jaybird’s one).
Currently your main screen shows values, that match those of the graph. So perhaps the problem solved it self. (be sure to zoom in as much as you can on the graph).