ArchiveSW - Display & Data Archive Storage

@dan.gealt Are you ready to test with your tipping bucket?

2 Likes

Not home right now, but I can certainly test it this evening. Very excited to see the results!

1 Like

You will need two resistors, one pair wire and connectors. Itā€™s a very simple circuit.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll dig out the resistors and get setup to test this evening! Thanks!!!

1 Like

I have a LED for Firmware Update and Hub Reboot.

Firmware Update turns on when the Hub version changes.

Hub Reboot will flash the number of times the Hub has rebooted since the last LED reset.

There is a pushbutton to turn off the LEDs and set the counters to 0 (zero).

2 Likes

Ok, ok, ok . . . youā€™ve got me going on this now . . . my breadboard kit will be here Monday . . . so I donā€™t just have to cobble something together at the end of a 40-pin cable anymore . . . :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I need to build a prototype board to attach to the RPi.

3 Likes

ATTENTION

There have been a lot of changes to WFArchiverā€¦ Five database changes and a few framework changes. The two biggest changes are GPIO and Configuration.

Some of you may not have kept up all the changes so now is the time to catch up. If you donā€™t mind starting over you can delete the old files and database and start fresh,

Start node archive.js and check the console for errors. Also look at archive.log for errors.

If you have any errors contact me with the error and Iā€™ll help you get back up.

@eric @dan.gealt @bpaauwe @michael

5 Likes

Thanks Gary ā€¦ I got distracted with other things and didnā€™t get the previous updates working, but this update seems to be all working as far as I can see. Thank you.
regards Wayne

1 Like

Any errors should show up in the archive.log file. Let me know if you have any issues.

Is that wfarchiverarchive.log? (and up a level in the /home/pi directory, no longer is /home/pi/wfarchiver/archive.log being updated) ā€¦ or am I doing something wrong ā€¦
the wfarchiverarchive.log has the last few lines as

2018-08-16 13:01:24 Starting WFArchiver v1.5.8

2018-08-16 13:01:24 Listening on: 0.0.0.0:undefined

2018-08-16 13:10:01 Daily-Stats (1.5.7):today
1 Like

(sorry about the big font ā€¦ not sure how I did that)

1 Like

Congratulations! You found a bug and a terrible error I created.

My apology for letting this slip by. The archive,log should be in the wfarchiver folder.

3 Likes
2018-08-16 15:36:22 Starting WFArchiver v1.5.8
2018-08-16 15:36:22 Listening on: 0.0.0.0:50222

in /home/pi/wfarchiver/archive.log

Thanks!

1 Like

I made some cosmetic changes and just pushed 1.5.9. You may download it but nothing functional changed.

3 Likes

here is a post about formatting posts

3 Likes

@dan.gealt

sudo wget -N http://fsoft.com/wfarchiver/backfill.js

run

node backfill,js --device xxx --date y

Where --device is the Device ID (not the serial number) and --data is the number of day back. 0 (zero) is today. Then look in AirBackfill for the missing data and I bet it is there.

3 Likes

Tried it. Got an error message:

10%20PM

1 Like

Well, I screwed that up.

First do:

sudo npm install request --save
sudo wget -N http://fsoft.com/wfarchiver/backfill.js

Then edit your config.json to add the api at the end.

{
ā€¦

ā€œudpā€:
{
ā€œportā€: 50222
},
ā€œapiā€:
{
ā€œkeyā€: ā€œa8f5dbda-af0a-4b57-99b9-f10baa88f27bā€
}
}

run

node backfill.js -device xxx -date y

(only one -)

5 Likes

No problem. Will do it in the AM. Thanks!

1 Like