ArchiveSW - Display & Data Archive Storage

Doh! CWOP Settings are blank.

1 Like

Thanks for the assistance.

1 Like

Oh. That’s an issue on my part. I need to account for that.

Rule #1 in programming. The code is always wrong.

True, but sometimes silly user does strange and unexpected things. Did I say “Sometimes”?
I recently signed up for CWOP and forgot to enter the ID into the Config.

1 Like

That’s my point.

A good programmer accounts for all user action and inaction. I have just uploaded a new file that will write that information to the log file.

2018-09-29 20:19:06 Citizen Weather v1.6.12.010
2018-09-29 20:19:06 Citizen Weather is not defined in Config
2018-09-29 20:19:06 BeforeExit: 0

And it will use defaults if the host and port are not defined.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 Like

Yep, agree. The fix looks good.

1 Like

Please let me know if you have any other issues. No matter of small they may seem.

1 Like

ATTENTION

I have made changes to archive.js that require special attention.

Please update the files, either from the About in the web server or by running node updatefiles. Then in the web server, Restart Server in Process Management. Go to Config and press OK at the bottom of the screen. Then restart Archive.

Go to Config and press OK
An important step!

A big woops on my part.

**I think it would be a nice “Addition”, if the property is missing to default to False and report the missing property and abort the service or continue with this feature disabled.

1 Like

Crisp and clean, with no caffeine. At this time there is no conversion of data. The formulas are written and will be added after the layout is finished and all cells are populated. I am currently working on populating the High and Low values for each cell.

My goal is to produce this template as a guide, so it is clean and contains the information available off line. No data acquired via an Internet connection.

Capture

7 Likes

The issue is, it isn’t there to default to False. This can be done, but the code requirement eats up valuable memory and time. However, I will look into a method with the lightest impact.

1 Like

I see, no biggie, don’t worry bout it - bigger and better fish to fry.

1 Like

It is certainly an item I am aware of and an issue that needs to be better handled. I have added the issue to the items of “needs attention” and I know I need a better method to handle this type of change.

2 Likes

I had to make some BIG changes to allow for BIGGER changes.

Those of you running this PLEASE…

wget -N http://fsoft.com/wfarchive/fix.js
wget -N http://fsoft.com/wfarchive/dailystats.js

Get these two files. Run

node fix

then

node dailystats

Hopefully you get NO errors. Please let me know either way.

Gary

1 Like

Hi Gary, the two wget commands worked, but at node fix the following error:
pi@wfarchivepi:~/wfarchive $ node fix
{ Error: ER_NO_SUCH_TABLE: Table ‘weatherflow.DailySky_copy’ doesn’t exist
etc etc

1 Like

however … I dulplicated the DailySky table (inside my sql client) as DailySky_copy, and then both node fix and node dailystats worked with no error, thus:

pi@wfarchivepi:~/wfarchive $ node fix
pi@wfarchivepi:~/wfarchive $ node dailystats
Connecting to SQL
  Creating dates
==========
Getting Air DeviceSerialNumbers
==========
Getting Sky DeviceSerialNumbers
==========
Getting Sensor DeviceSerialNumbers
Disconnecting from SQL
  Disconnected
pi@wfarchivepi:~/wfarchive $
1 Like

same problem and same solution :+1:

1 Like

I pushed an incorrect file. Please down fix.js again and run both scripts

ok, done, and no errors. Thank you.:beer:

1 Like

Happy “I’m sure I broke it again” day to all of you.

I made a lot of changes to a lot of files. If you update the files, please restart Server then go into Config. You will see there are changes and a new field named “Broadcast IP.” The is the broadcast IP on your network. Normally this is the last address of your IP range. X.X.X.255. Please set this and click OK.

Now you can restart the rest of the processes.

Archive will broadcast information that the other processes need. The Panel will send data to data to Archive requesting data it needs. Alert and Piio will listen to Archive and act on data received. ]

All-in-all the scripts are using UDP to communicate with each other. In the future I will most likely change to TCP but this let me get started quickly.

The Panel is designed for the Raspberry Pi 7" touchscreen and it also works well on small tablets such as the Amazon 7" Fire units. I have been running one for several days and have not had any issue with it losing the connection.

If you have any issues updating please let me know.

There may be database changes needed. Run fix.js then altertables.js to get up to date.

2 Likes