WeatherFlow2MQTT for Home Assistant

Release 2.1.0

A new release has been pushed to Docker, and can be pulled as of now. See below for changes:

• FIX: Issue #78, wrong Hex code used for decimal symbols.

• NEW: Issue #77. Added new sensor called sensor.wf_battery_mode. This sensor reports a mode between 0 and 3, and the description for the mode is added as an attribute to the sensor. Basically it shows how the Tempest device operates with the current Voltage. You can read more about this on the WeatherFlow Website. This sensor is only available for Tempest devices
    Thank you to @GlennGoddard for creating the formula.

• NEW: Issue #81. Added state_class attributes to all relevant sensors, so that they can be used with Long Term Statistics. See the README file for a list of supported sensors.

• NEW: Discussion #83. Added new sensor sensor.wf_rain_intensity. This sensor shows a descriptive text about the current rain rate. See more on the Weatherflow Community Forum. The French and German translations are done by me, so they might need some checking to see if they are correct.

2 Likes

Having a few issues. I have a SKY + AIR.

In home assistant:

• I see WF Voltage AIR, but no WF Voltage SKY.

Looking at the obs_sky mqtt entry, I do see the battery info in there, so I’m not sure why it didn’t make a sensor:

"battery": 3.45,
  "battery_level_sky": 95,
  • I see no battery sensor at all for AIR or SKY (maybe it is an attribute of another sensor?)

Here is what I see in the container log
 Notice no SKY voltage sensor

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:Timezone is America/Chicago

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:Connected to the MQTT server on address 192.168.2.165 and port 1883...

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:The UDP server is running on port 50222...

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:Defining Sensors for Home Assistant

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Wind Speed SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Wind Bearing SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Wind Direction SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Sea Level Pressure SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Pressure Trend SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Temperature SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Humidity SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Voltage AIR SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Illuminance SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP UV Index SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Rain Today SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Rain Yesterday SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Wind Lull SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Wind Gust SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Precipitation Type SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Dew Point SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Rain Rate SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Rain Intensity SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Uptime SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Dewpoint Comfort Level SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP Temperature Level SENSOR

INFO:weatherflow2mqtt.weatherflow_mqtt:SETTING UP UV Level SENSOR

And here is what is in my config.yaml:

sensors:
  - air_temperature
  - voltage_air
  - battery_air
  - voltage_sky
  - battery_sky
  - dewpoint
  - dewpoint_description
  - illuminance
  - precipitation_type
  - pressure_trend
  - rain_intensity
  - rain_rate
  - rain_today
  - rain_yesterday
  - relative_humidity
  - sealevel_pressure
  - temperature_description
  - uptime
  - uv
  - uv_description
  - wet_bulb_globe_temperature
  - wind_bearing
  - wind_direction
  - wind_gust
  - wind_lull
  - wind_speed

Well
 I deleted my config.yaml, and restarted the container and now everything shows up. So not sure what was wrong with my config.yaml as I just copied/pasted from the github example one,

I can live with a few extra things I don’t want though, so will just leave it at the defaults.

Jason

Glad to hear its working again. There have been a few changes to sensor names, and you may have had the old sensor names in your config.yaml.

Is the config example on github up to date? I just installed this yesterday, and used the example yaml that was on there

If it is not up to date, then that would likely explain it.

Thanks!!

No the docs where not completely up to date and that might have been the reason. I now did some changes and created two example files config_example_AIR_SKY.yaml for people with AIR & SKY devices and then config_example_TEMPEST.yaml for people with Tempest devices.

My AIR & SKY devices are not operational right now, so I would appreciate if you could test the AIR & SKY example and let me know if that works. Please start with all sensors and then, you can remove the ones you don’t need.

Release 2.2.0

• CHANGE: BREAKING CHANGE The sensor sensor.wf_uptime has been renamed to sensor.wf_hub_status. This sensor will now have more attributes on the status of the Hub, like Serial Number, FW Version etc.

• NEW: Thanks to @natekspencer this image can now be installed and managed from the Home Assistant Add-On store. This is not part of the default store yet, but to use it from the Add-On store, just click the button ‘ADD REPOSITORY’ in the top of the README.md file. NOTE Remember to stop/remove the container running outside the Add-On store before attempting to install.

• NEW: Depending on what HW you have, there will be 1 or 2 new sensors created, called either sensor.wf_tempest_status (If you have a Tempest device) or sensor.wf_air_status and sensor.wf_sky_status. The state of the sensors will display the Uptime of each device, and then there will attributes giving more details about each HW device.

1 Like

Hello, I get the following message when I want to update to 2.2.0. Do you have any idea what’s going on?

Yes. I pushed the release notes before I build the 2.2.2 container, so there is no container right now. I will do it within the next hours.

Sorry for that.

Hello,

Following the update to version 3.0.0, the sensor.wf no longer works, but we can modify them with the new sensors. The sensor.wf_weather for multi-day forecasts also no longer works and has not been included in the new version.

As stated in the release notes, sensors have been renamed, as we are now creating seperate devices for each physical WeatherFlow Device. If you have a Tempest Device, and you go to Integrations in Home Assistant and look at the MQTT Integration you will see 2 Devices - One for the Hub and one for the Tempest device. If you click on each of them you should see the below two pictures.
So the Weather Forecast is created and attached to the Hub Device and all the other sensors should also be created as usual.

We just got a report, that people with a Hub Firmware at 177 are not getting all data, and have released 3.0.1 which fixes that problem.

Also, try and do a hard fresh of your browser, while on the Integration page, and see if the sensors don’t show up.

SkĂŠrmbillede 2021-12-10 kl. 21.41.36

Essentially you’ll need to replace sensor.wf_weather in the template with the actual entity name of your weather sensor, which is now in the default format: sensor.hub_<hub_sn>_weather as well as any other wf_ sensor.

Maybe it’s me reading the change incorrectly, but in the changelog it looks like you are saying that the sensor.wf_ 

will continue to work.

In our limited testing it did, though the test wasn’t exhaustive and some sensors may have eluded us. You can easily rename the sensors back to sensor.wf_weather if it did change to keep other templates and automations working.

Also, if you could let us know which sensors did change names, that would be helpful. (Unless they all did
)

NVM, looks like we were incorrect. It does change all names except the weather entity
 đŸ€ŠđŸ». Apologies about the misinformation in the README.

All the sensors have received their new id. The sensor.wf
. are still there, but they no longer indicate anything. I tried to destroy them, but Home Assistant refuses because they are being used.

Thanks, I was just working on updating the CHANGELOG on how to address this:

1. Ensure you have advanced mode turned on for your user profile
    Open your Home Assistant instance and show your Home Assistant user's profile.
  2. Navigate to integrations
    Open your Home Assistant instance and show your integrations.
  3. Click on “# devices” under your MQTT integration
  4. Click on the “WeatherFlow2MQTT” device (or whatever you renamed it to) and then delete it
  5. Go back to the MQTT devices and click on one of your sensor devices (Air, Sky, Tempest)
  6. Edit the device name and set it to “WF”
  7. Click on “UPDATE”
  8. A popup will ask if you also want to rename the entity IDs (requires advanced mode as stated in step 1). Click on “RENAME” and Home Assistant will rename all the entities to sensor.wf_.
    • If any entity IDs clash, you will get an error, but you can handle these individually as you deem necessary
  9. You can then rename the device back to your sensor name. Just click “NO” on the popup asking to change the entity IDs or you will have to repeat the process
  10. Repeat steps 5-9 for each sensor (mostly applicable to air & sky setups).