WeatherFlow Widget for iOS/iPadOS 14

Very cool! I tweaked mine slightly to add wind gust and last lightning strike distance. Thanks!

2 Likes

Very good: maybe you could share the settings? Thanks in advance

You can find and change the following parts.
To add Wind Gust:

wind = convertWindSpeed(data.obs[0].wind_avg, data.station_units.units_wind)
windgust = convertWindSpeed(data.obs[0].wind_gust, data.station_units.units_wind)

if(wind == 0) {
displayWind = “Calm”
} else {
windDirection = convertWindDirection(data.obs[0].wind_direction, data.station_units.units_direction)
displayWind = windDirection[“display”] + “” + windDirection[“unit”] + " " + wind[“display”] + ", " + windgust[“display”] + " " + wind[“unit”]
}

To add Last Lightning Distance (in miles):

lightningDist = (Math.round(((data.obs[0].lightning_strike_last_distance/1.61) + Number.EPSILON) * 100) / 100)
let lightningLine = w.addText(“:zap:” + data.obs[0].lightning_strike_count_last_3hr + ", " + lightningDist + “m”)

To add Last Lightning Distance (in kilometers):

let lightningLine = w.addText(“:zap:” + data.obs[0].lightning_strike_count_last_3hr + ", " + data.obs[0].lightning_strike_last_distance + “km”)

Of course, this will be from the last time the widget updated, which could be a while (up to like 20 minutes), so not as useful as we would like.

I have mine in a stack of rectangular widgets, so at some point I will likely tweak it a bit more to increase the font size, make it 2 columns and add a couple more bits of data (precipitation chance and such). Though hopefully WeatherFlow will add their own widget before I get too involved in it.

1 Like