WeatherFlow Support Praise

David (@dsj),

I think most here will agree that @WFstaff on your support staff is doing a fantastic job. I have had several interactions with him and he has always given me great answers. They are not always the answers I want, but they have always been honest, attentive and correct.

People tend to complain when support is bad but too few bother to praise when support is excellent.

Gary

17 Likes

Thanks, Gary! I agree Tim is a fantastic resource. He’s not just a great customer service person, he’s also a super sharp meteorologist!

I also agree that one compliment is worth at least 100 complaints when it comes to customer support. Thanks for that!

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Station Privacy and PII Concerns

A post was split to a new topic: Sky ~ Not working correctly

And let us not forget to recognize the excellent support we receive FROM WeatherFlow. David, Corrine, Keith, Tim and all those that are not actively posting here.

I truly appreciate their support for all of the developers especially as their time is better spent on WeatherFlow hardware and firmware.

I posted this in a reply to @btst.online on his topic and have moved to so as not to distract from his excellent product.

5 Likes

Couldn’t agree more!!! The WeatherFlow team goes above and beyond expectations every day and shows how technology companies should operate!

8 Likes

I wanted to let others know about my positive experience with Weatherflow @WFstaff customer service.

About a month ago, I installed my new Tempest with no problems. I liked the product enough to send another Tempest to a relative. Unfortunately, the radio link didn’t work properly on that unit (low signal strength between the Tempest and hub), so I emailed customer service describing the symptoms and asked for help.

I received an email reply within two business days. The rep (Claire) suggested a hub reset - the only thing we hadn’t tried yet - but ALSO said if that didn’t work, she would send a replacement unit. IMO, that last bit really showed good faith.

The hub reset didn’t resolve the problem, so I emailed customer service again and received a reply within an hour indicating a replacement would be shipped out. Within another hour, we had tracking numbers. The new unit arrived two days later and was installed with success. Thanks Claire!

I’ve worked in the electronics manufacturing industry, so I understand that electronics can fail right out of the box. While a large percentage of electronic components meet a design specification over their intended life span, there will always be a small number that do so for only a very short time and then fail. A very common way to detect these sub-standard components is to perform a “burn-in,” where the device or sub-assembly is operated under normal use conditions for some period of time. The burn-in time varies by product of course, but is often 24 to 48 hours.

My suggestion to Weatherflow is to consider the economics of a burn-in procedure at the manufacturing facility for either at-risk subassemblies or the completed device. Weatherflow may find that it is more economical to perform a burn-in than to use customer service contacts to detect initial failures in the field. Considering the value of a customer’s initial positive (or negative) experience may also influence that calculation.

Glen

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, Glen. Very much appreciated! We perform a large number of tests, calibrations and other steps during production but a 24-48 burn-in is not one of them. It’s something we will give strong consideration too - thanks again…

1 Like

I miss our conversations. :sleepy:

4 Likes

Just to add to this - the @WFsupport is perhaps the best I have ever encountered (and I’ve been around a few years). Sadly my Tempest has failed, I reported it last week and now I have a replacement arranged and shipping.

Its been outstanding…

Andy

7 Likes

I would not only support that 2 fold but go further and praise the forum and all Weather Flow staff who contribute here. They are open and accommodating. No big Corporate attitudes. It clearly is the Ethos of the Company.

Long may it live

5 Likes