Unofficial 'Smart Weather Station' Map

imageperhaps im missing something altogether but mine is shown as private but i see no options to insert data. perhaps you can explain .

2 Likes

You missed this (Unofficial 'Smart Weather Station' Map - #113 by GaryFunk). However I sent you a PM

1 Like

I just added the ability to use a custom marker for each station.

Here is an example using the @Weather34 icon.

Capture

5 Likes

Note to self about 700.

Gary

maybe there is a bug server side
@dsj David, can you double check if someone sets station as non public (maybe after it as public), the server picks up the change and sets the flag to false ???
It ainā€™t normal the api shows as true since @meteo.thenioux set it as off.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s a bug. Changes made to metadata on this page are not stored in the database until you tap the ā€œsaveā€ button at the bottom of the form.

1 Like

Thank you for promoting my work.

3 Likes

as I see from @meteo.thenioux point, he have the right on his station to remove it from the map as he demand, also @GaryFunk Iā€™m sorry to say that but you doesnā€™t have any rights to use the other people stations without getting their approval on that, so the best solution is to remove all the private stations to avoid this problem in the future too.

but I see this will be concern for a lot of people, because they chose a private option to hide their location but if it show on unofficial map and determined their exact locations, then the weatherflow device become not good for those how want to use it as a private station to hide their location.

So I hope from weatherflow team to answer about this, to let the other know about this problem.
and Iā€™m sure the new users will bring this topic in the future after the second wave of the AIR&SKY.
so thereā€™s two solution - First - is to remove the private stations from the map or - second - is from weatherflow team to constrict their privacy system to secure the private users.

1 Like

I would just like to say i have not contributed to these forums for a week and have absolutely no intentions of in the future here in the public area .it is for exact these reasons same as last week a few individuals getting personal and throwing insults at each other. it is neither professional or beneficial to anyone . if you cant get your heads together and resolve amicably and in a manner that moves forward then there is an alternative motive going on here , Iā€™m afraid this forum will just become a trolling ground for trash talkers unless administrators nip it in the bud responsively in a timely manner, these issues between individuals have no belonging here ā€¦

use the personal message system and sort it out ā€¦ pi!@ed off reading this type of shite just resolve it out of the public viewā€¦please

edit i see now you or someone have removed the rather offensive posts ā€¦progress

11 Likes

Anyone that wants their station removed need only send a polite Message to me and Iā€™ll block the data from being displayed. The data is already anonymous and I will honor your request.

6 Likes

All private stations are now private. The issues were corrected in the API and all private data has been overwritten.

Stations that are offline more that 30 days have been removed from the Map as there is no way to know if the station is actually offline or if it has removed.

Hubs that have no devices attached have been removed.

Hopefully the number of stations will start to increase soon.

8 Likes

Hi Gary, excuse me if this has been discussed or mentioned before. Does the map automatically add additional devices or is that something that is manual? I just added my Sky a few hours ago but still only see the Air. Just curious.

1 Like

It adds devices once per day between midnight and 1am, Pacific time.

3 Likes

Just added my SKYā€¦how do I join the group? Thanks, Peter

1 Like

What exactly do you want to join?

179 Yellow markers on the Map. A lot of Skys unpacked today.

17 May -. 201
22 Sky units went online.

8 Likes

18 May - 225
24 Sky units went online

5 Likes

19 May - 246
21 Sky units went online

2 Likes

20 May - 253
7 Sky units went online

2 Likes