Unofficial 'Smart Weather Station' Map

Sam,

Take a look at the Map and see if your request works as you want. I think it should.

Gary

3 Likes

i like the option of selecting type good job

2 Likes

Thank you, Brian. It worked out great.

1 Like

@GaryFunk, looks great! Thanks for the add.

2 Likes

Dan,

I added a search box to enter a station id.

3 Likes

Hi world !

Greetings to everybody, Iā€™m happy to be 1st and the only one using WeatherFlow smart weather station in Lithuania (Station: 3006)

Hope to see more WF stations in the country :slight_smile: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

hello @KlaipedaCity

Welcome to the club and yes others will follow once the Sky module is final.
And donā€™t forget to tell Gary if you want to add your website on your little flag

3 Likes

I hope to see 100 more WeatherFlow stations in your country. Good luck with your station and welcome to the group.

3 Likes

Hey Gary,

That works great, too! I like it. It is a great piece of work you have constructed for the benefit of all WeatherFlow Smart Weather Station owners!

Dan

1 Like

Welcome @KlaipedaCity.

We are happy to have you in the WeatherFlow community.

Dan.

2 Likes

Thank you, Dan. Itā€™s been a pleasure building it. Writing code is more fun when itā€™s work that one enjoys. Especially when itā€™s for a product and one gets great support from the company.

The Smart Weather Station has brought several opportunities my way and I have the fortunate pleasure to work with several developers. Currently I am working on applications for RTI, UDI, Maps and assisting other third-party developers. My latest project is a Raspberry Pi 3 turnkey system for local storage.

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to see the RPi3 turnkey system . . . please feel free to let me know what I need to get ordered so I can try it out here. Field testing is great fun for me (especially since I havenā€™t written code in a number of years).

1 Like

I recommend the newest RPi 3 B+ with a large SD Card and 2.5 amp power supply. You will also need a HDMI cable, keyboard and mouse which most already have.

The plan is a script that will install MariaDB and custom code that will listen on 50222 and store all the data. Then a method to query the SQL engine to retrieve any data the user wants. The return format will be JSON.

I plan to also install PHP so users can install the @Weather34 template for local use.

1 Like

WOW!!

Capture

1 Like

just helped it to cross that number :wink:

1 Like

The Map has gotten very popular and over 100 unique visitors each day so I have decided to put the map on itā€™s own sub-domain.

I have moved it to wf.fsoft.com. The current link of listed in the topic will automatically redirect to the new link.

I will be working on the pages to allow station owners to add and update the information that is displayed in the pop-up box.

5 Likes

If youā€™re looking for C code to listen on 50222 and write to MariaDB let me know. I have some.

1 Like

Oh, I had not thought of using C. That might work out much better. Iā€™ll email you later.

1 Like

@GaryFunk Awesome map!! I just went through the links - very quick response and load. When I select the Air link though, the Sky units also display. Itā€™s the only link that does that for me. Wondering if thatā€™s happening for anyone else.

1 Like

Hi, Les,

Thank you for the comments. If you like the map please give the topic a like. I appreciate your support.

Thatā€™s because most stations that have a Sky also have an Air. The Sky marker takes over the Air marker.

2 Likes