Unofficial 'Smart Weather Station' Map

What is the closest city you are in? I need to find you on the map.

I found them. I moved one a small amount to make it show up. I’m going to have to think of a solution. @btst.online pointed to a solution so I’ll look at it.

2 Likes

See it now! Thanks. I remember seeing the spider expansion post that @btst.online mentioned. Looks like a neat idea if it doesn’t cause you too much trouble to implement.

1 Like

If I didn’t do all the things that caused myself trouble I’d be a hp.

2 Likes

Why not just change the pin appearance? One solid color for weather, another for sky, and a “half and half” color for both? (Or any other combination that results in a single pin?

1 Like

The pins are per station. Some people have two stations.

2 Likes

Looks good @GaryFunk. I like the large flag.

45%20PM

1 Like

It’s working great and the back-end code is done. It took me longer to find and pick a marker for the highlighted station than to create the table and code.

Tomorrow I’ll start working on the front end to allow you guys to enter station data. Once that’s done I’ll invite the first 52 members that have liked the topic to add their information. Then the testing will begin.

2 Likes

Are you thinking of some sort of guidelines or structure for station owners to follow when entering their info or letting their creativity be their guide?

1 Like

I’m will let the owner decide up until the time that someone gets ridiculous. Then I’ll decide what to do. But it should station related.

2 Likes

What do you guys think of the new changes?

1 Like

is the idea to have those ‘big’ flags for all those that use your extra system, might become cluttered over time. Your station is ‘visible’ on the map for sure :rofl:

1 Like

No. Each time the map is loaded a different station will have the flag. The flag will highlight a new station.

3 Likes

cool but that great big red flag sure you could use something smaller and still be visible

use a simple svg

1 Like

I can use a smaller flag but the idea is to get the attention of the viewer.

1 Like

attention it certainly does that…

1 Like

I made it smaller. Please let me know how you feel about it now.

1 Like

seems big enough for me this V2 of the flag

1 Like

Personally, I think I like the larger flag . . . but feel free to pick whichever one you like Gary.

1 Like

The small flag is perfect. Love the map and the updates! I live in Ohio. I actually had a family member ask about my weather station because someone in Florida asked him about it. Funny how something like this gets around.

1 Like

Thank you, Bill.

I’m happy some are finding the map useful. As soon as the topic gets 52 likes I’m going to start highlighting different stations.

1 Like