Unofficial 'Smart Weather Station' Map

23 June
1310 stations
945 Sky
35 Sky units went online

3 Likes

It may be that Amazon Web Services has blocked my site from the API.

I have been attempting to get information from AWS but that’s darn near impossible unless one has an account.

Until further notice the Map is not updating.

1 Like

30 June
1371 stations
1057 Sky
112 Sky units went online in the last week.

3 Likes

6 July
1395 stations
1111 Sky
54 Sky units went online in the last week.

3 Likes

15 July
1426 stations
1162 Sky
51 Sky units went online in the last week.

3 Likes

21 July
1432 stations
1176 Sky
14 Sky units went online in the last week.

3 Likes

why my station in weatherflow map is in blu?i have Sky online but in this map is not is yellow,thx.

1 Like

How long has your Sky been online? I believe @GaryFunk only updates his map once a day unless he gets impatient.

2 Likes

thx,yes now is yellow.

2 Likes

7 August
1451 stations
1221 Sky
45 Sky units went online in the last three weeks.

1 Like

@GaryFunk i think you missed to change the date :wink:

2 Likes

I sure did. Thank you for letting me know.

Guess I’m bored waiting for the postman…

Which country has the most stations?

The US is the winner by far. However, they have the home advantage.

fig1

“Weather Geek Density”

Who has the most weather geeks per head of population? As defined by the number WeatherFlow stations per million people. The winner is Turks and Caicos Islands with 28.2 per million, followed by Curaçao with 6.2. Now if the rest of the world was that geeky, Weatherflow would have sold 211407 stations(-:

Data is skewed by single stations in low population countries. For countries over 1million, the top ten are…

fig2

Australasia is doing well.

Final figures are not in; I expect Europe will pick up as those 868MHz stations ship.

*Station numbers from Gary’s map (as at 11 Aug 2018) and population stats from Wikipedia.

6 Likes

Along these lines, here is an interesting post from another forum about the number of different personal weather stations in the state of Florida according to Weather Under-WHO stats:

https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34900.0

I took a data export of the Weather Underground weather stations for Florida. The balance of different brands (types) might be a good indicator of other locations.

I did this twice this year. June 19 and August 10.

Here are the results. I have the data in Excel and I created a custom formulas to tabulate the following.

June 19, 2018 and August 10, 2018
WS-2902 348 419
VP2 780 546
Ambient 1195 1253
Davis 833 827
AcuRite 1368 1365
Oregon 24 23
LaCrosse 270 275
Netatmo 26 27
WeatherFlow 38 41

Of course, it bears mentioning that WF’s HQ is located in the state of Florida, so there’s a bit of a home field advantage there…

2 Likes

In case anyone was wondering why the Netatmo count was so low:

https://www.netatmo.com/en-GB/helpcenter/weather/1/my-weather-station-does-not-appear-on-weather-underground-is-this-normal/55

1 Like

Maybe the rest will cut ties and put that service in its grave.

1 Like

14 August
1464 stations
1242 Sky
21 Sky units went online in the last week.

Supporters are receiving their stations.

5 Likes

Hi I received my station today and registered it but a big boo boo I entered the hub ID and cannot change it:thinking:

1 Like

Its all fixed found my satation just got to remove the rain :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mate , they are everything we hoped for and more- great to see you up and running too,cheers and beers.

5 Likes