WeatherFlow PiConsole - Customization

It’s just a cheap 5" lcd touch screen I bought off AliExpress for like $15 in a case I 3D printed.

1 Like

That is a good deal for sure. Sounds the WeatherFlow PiConsole is prepared for touch screen input. Been interested in using a Rasberry Pi for some time. Shaping up for me to finally get one.

Yeah, you can build the whole thing for like $50. I’ve seen people selling them online upwards of $300. I understand that the developer has a open license on it and allows people to sell the application along with hardware…but as a developer myself, that just stings. All the time and effort the developer put into developing it and being generous enough to publish it for free only to have people swarm in and install the software on an SD card, plug it into a Raspberry Pi and a display and charge people $300+ seems almost criminal to me.

1 Like

Yeppers, Linux users should be a tinkerer themselves, especially dealing with Raspberry Pi (RP) devices and OS. Did you put your in one of the little cases I have seen around? I gather you printed a case since you printed the frame. I would prefer to modify the simple display with a wall mounted monitor that has a HDMI wireless set up with the RP looking cute in my home office. But that is down the road. Cheers.

@stevecody any update on getting BigTemperature Panel working with the latest WFPiconsole on Bookworm 32bit?

Unfortunately, I have not been able to test on this OS as of yet. Not sure when I’ll get to it. I have been unsuccessful attempting to upgrade from Bullseye to Bookworm. I’m going to attempt a new build soon.