WeatherFlow on ROKU v5.7.5 Release

Hey, totally great troubleshooting information, Thank you !!

There are many reports and confirmations on the internet that the “onn.roku tv” software has channel unloading issues (features).

I’m speculating here but I suspect that software has an issue with ROKU channels/applications running “unattended” for more than 30 minutes.

Your observation is also correct, my application refreshes data every 2 minutes automatically. That software (onn.roku tv) does not recognize that as “interaction” or “streaming” and kills the app.

All internet searched solutions direct users you buy an external stick or box.

Solved: Onn Roku TV Keeps Crashing To The Selection Screen - Roku Community

Best of everything,
Steve

Thank you, as you use the app, please recommend enhancements or additions !!

The app is unable to verify my previously working station id. I’ve revived and reloaded the app on Roku 3940RW2 without success. “Could not locate” error.

Thank you for the report.

I have just noticed the same condition.

I need to troubleshoot and find out what has gone wrong.

I’ve made no changes to the application . . . .

Wife and I are big fans of the app, I’m sure it’s on the Roku side. Let me know if I can provide any troubleshooting.

1 Like

Is the issue related to what this thread is about?

I tend to agree with you so far. I can execute the same web calls from a computer to WeatherFlow and get valid JSON returns . . . I am working to troubleshoot!!

1 Like

I am having issues with adding my weather station to this Roku app/channel.

I have followed the on screen directions to find my weather station’s number. I have entered that number, however the system can not find my station.

Thank you for the interest in my application!!!

Unfortunately, the application has had issues beginning on 5/22.

Please be patient; I am working to troubleshoot and engaged with ROKU Developer Support.

Once things are working, I will post the news here.

Thank you again for the interest and your patience!

2 Likes

Same issue in not finding station.
Thanks Steve.

Still troubleshooting. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

:tada: :tada: :tada:

I’ve corrected the issue causing “Weather Station Data 5” to stop working !!

The new code-set just completed the ROKU publishing process and will release on 6/7/23 at 10am PST.

If you have deleted the application you can reinstall it on 6/7 after 10am PST
–or–
If you already have the app, highlight the app and select * → “Check for updates”.

Again, thank you for the interest in my application :bangbang:

1 Like

Thanks. Use it quite often to check on WeatherFlow

I cant get this to work on my TCL Roku TV. Every station # I enter it says is invalid, including mine.

Help…?

Thank you for the interest in my application!

A change in the environment caused my application to stop working on 5/22.

I JUST yesterday determined what happened and was able to correct the problem and updated the code.

ROKU only publishes updates on a specific schedule; the new version of my application is staged-up to publish on 6/7 at 10am PST.

If you have deleted the application you can reinstall it on 6/7 after 10am PST
–or–
If you already have the app, highlight the app and select * → “Check for updates”.

The fixed version released today, please re-install or update the existing channel.

Yay! Thanks very much, Steve. I reinstalled, entered my station ID, back in business.

E7B2B4840E3C46A1A3CF098CFF54580F.png

1 Like

That fixed it! Thanks!

------------------>> Ping to the group <<-----------------

If you’re not using the ROKU WeatherFlow application, I invite you to try it!
The application works on ALL ROKU devices.

For those interested, I am proud to say my ROKU WeatherFlow application currently has 4,300 users!!

I am interested in the opinions of people using the ROKU WeatherFlow channel to view WeatherFlow data?!

All the questions below are related to “ROKU WeatherFlow Data Viewer v5”.

• What do you like about the application?
  • What do you dislike about the application?
  • Is it easy or difficult to navigate through the menus?
  • Do you have more than one station saved in your menu?
  • Do you have “saved stations” in the app other than the units you own?

Thank you in advance for the feedback!!
—Steve—

Steve,
I just found this. I installed your app on my Roku box, it came up and asked me my station number. My station ID is kp4djt01, but it did not take that, I tried several variations on the Tempest ID ST-00111669, but it rejected all but 00111669, which it took but it ID’d the station as Marina Peninsula Beach, and has temps that appear like the SF Bay area. When I search for it in the station list on the WeatherFlow page, it does not come up. What am I doing wrong or how can I get the right data on my screen. I have several neighbors that will want this on their Roku devices so they can check my station here in the area.