Weatherflow metrics in Alexa report

Am I missing info or does the Alexa report not include solar related information?
I had to disable/re-enable the skill to get extra info as reported by the SKY sensor, extra info reported now.

Is there a list of the possible parameters the alexa skill can report on?

Thanks,
-Coley.

1 Like

Hey @coley.curtin

If you ask Alexa for a report by saying, “Alexa, ask WeatherFlow for a report”, she will respond with the following information if you have both an AIR and SKY device.

• Temperature
  • Humidity
  • Pressure
  • Average Wind Speed
  • Rain totals
  • Lightning information

If you prefer, you can ask Alexa for a specific weather parameter. Just say, “Alexa, ask WeatherFlow for the [weather parameter]”. You can ask for any of the items in the list below.

• Pressure
  • Temperature
  • Humidity
  • Wind Speed
  • Wind Gust
  • Wind Lull
  • Wind Direction
  • UV Index

Currently, the only solar information reported by Alexa is the UV Index and you have to ask her directly for that information. Solar Radiation and Brightness are not currently reported via Alexa.

I hope this helps!

3 Likes

I am having an issue getting more than one station to reply to me via Alexa. Unfortunately the skill only gives me one report (the first I set up) and does not give me any option to ask for either station report as an output.

Hey @jdsmeak,

Try asking Alexa, "Alexa ask WeatherFlow for the temperature at [location name]". Depending on what your locations are named, Alexa should be able to match you to the correct location. If that works you can substitute any of the parameters from the list above for temperature.

Unfortunately, you can’t ask Alexa for a full report for a station ("Alexa, ask WeatherFlow for a report at [location name]", but that is on our development list to add soon.

3 Likes

I have two Tempest weather stations in one account. How can I ask Alexa for a weather report from a specific station in my account?

This still works for me.

2 Likes

Asking for the report this way now works as well (3 stations 1 account).

1 Like