WeatherFlow HomeSeer plug-in

Then you will never get calibration data. That’s not a good idea.

Maybe I’m losing my mind, but I could swear that @dsj posted that none of the changes in Hub v114 impacted the UDP output? There was a change of one parameter (fs) in a debugging packet from a string to an array per the docs, but nothing that should have broken normal observation data from UDP…

The change was actually made in 113, which was not pushed to public.

You changed your avatar. Now I’m sad.

My avatar has always been my race car competing at the 2000 National Championships, except for a few days last year when I briefly changed it to the Energizer Bunny. Here’s a larger copy, with the Forbes Field control tower in the background:

https://images.hvtraffic.com/images/2017/09/20/20170920013003-1528ca1a.jpg

It does appear that the user profile picture display has changed though, now using a separate image instead of overlaying underneath the profile text like I seem to recall it did in the past. My profile picture is also unchanged, and is still the regional newspaper photo of a funnel cloud over Dutchess County (NY) Airport a few years ago…

This is what I see now.

You look like a ghost.

Looks fine here in Opera/MacOS

However, it did showed as the ghost when I tried in Chrome and Safari (neither of which I use regularly), so the reason why I could still see it in Opera was probably local cache. I did a drag/drop from Opera, and re-uploaded it from the user profile. Is it back for you?

This should probably be broken out into a forum bug report…

1 Like

Yes, it’s back. I suspect an update that caused the issue. I noticed a couple of others missing also.

On another note, I emailed Bob to ping him to fix the plug-in.

1 Like

I received a message from Bob:

I’m out of the country on vacation and my access to the internet is spotty for the next week or so.

I believe the only issue is that the plugin is generating the error every 10 seconds, it should be processing the actual weather data fine.

He will fix the issue as soon as possible.

Can you confirm that the weather data is being populated?

Yes the data is populating and the weather based events are triggering. It is just the log that is getting flooded with errors to the point where it is hard to monitor anything else.

Delete the log whenever you can and wait for the fix. I understand your concern and frustration.

There may be a setting someplace to shut off logging without shutting down the plugin. I’ll have to hunt around and see.

I just submitted an update to HomeSeer that will handle the 114 firmware. It should show up in the updater shortly.

Looking at the forum, there may be other changes in the API’s happening that could cause more problems. Given the connectivity issues I’m having while traveling, it may take a few days for me to react to any WF changes.

2 Likes

Bob, I will email you when changes take place.