Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

Will it be possible to run the Weather 34 PHP template on the TP-Link 3020?

success Meteobridge
Version 3.6
released February 24, 2018

adds full support for WeatherFlow AIR and SKY stations. Although these stations are part of your LAN/WLAN Meteobridge does not need to know their IP. This is a cool feature made possible by the station that sends data out as UDP broadcasts.

patrick i will get an update to you sometime this week with the update template drop me an email so we can skype .im still waiting for another SKY unit to be delivered it is somewhere between USA and Turkey so it may not clear customs until later in the week or week after.

brian

1 Like

I like to take the moment to extend my appreciation, and great thanks to Brian, Boris, and David. In just one afternoon Boris was able to get 99.9999% of the WF integration up and running on my Meteobridge router.

We are still working out a few random issues pertaining to the wind section. But, I am sure he will identify root cause and offer a fix or worst. Provide invaluable insight and feedback as he has done so over the course of several days.

Working with great technical people like Brian, Boris, David, et all truly humbles me. Brian, I’ll shoot you a email so we can chat over Skype!

Thank You!

Good morning

patience and persistence pays off and much appreciation to Boris at meteobridge for putting up with me last two days :slight_smile: and should also thank you to david @dsj for chipping in yesterday with some valueable advice,sometimes the smallest thing is the most valuable piece of advice…

i wanted to perfect the lightning feature of the Air model to display realtime and record daily,monthly,yearly lightning and using the realtime lightning to drive the current conditions icon if lightning was present. the screenshot gives you the final layout for the lightning data for the template.
it is realtime recorded by meteobridge and only delay is the time it takes to update the template which is a matter of seconds .

tomorrow my second sky unit is due for delivery after a week stuck in customs(normal procedure)
i will then hopefully by the end of the week have everything aligned to use in conjunction with meteobridge you can also see now the Air sensor module at the top is displaying max and min values for the current day also 15 minute trend arrows . again thanks for your patience boris. …brian

this template will be available for general release when SKY units are in full production for release to general public or backers. having this what seems like a long period of uncertainty in the release date has really proven beneficial for myself …

6 Likes

Brian,

When the template is finalized please do send me a copy for testing. I also agree the delay for Sky has enabled all of you to have a fantastic display template ready for the public.

Much Thanks goes out to all of Boris, Brian, David!!! :+1::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Brian,

In your template can you state which of the modules are real time vs X minutes update interval? I want to set my own expectations as to how your template will operate and behave. In the ideal world I would like to see as much real time metrics that the Hub is pushing.

Rather not have to remember X vs Y value is Z minutes stale vs real time.

Thank You!

all weather station data is realtime in the sense of the time it takes to,transfer data to your web host from the meteobridge. however not all web hosting servers can deliver data or return data in less than 10 seconds some i have seen cant handle anything less than 60 seconds and then you have some instances of hosted servers cant run multiple simultaneous instances . limitations of some low cost hosted web packages im afraid . template can be set to anything and each module can refined .by default its set at 10 seconds for wind data , for temperature its defaulted to 60seconds, barometer 5 minutes ,uv solar 60seconds, rainfall 60seconds , ive tried to set them in respect of not putting high load on some servers. if your server can handle the shorter less than 10second and simultaneous multiple instances it can be easily set to anything ,

the next release has a lot of removal of jquery and converted most visual outputs using css only like the newer barometer and daylight are just pure css temperature , wind,rain,uv solar are all now just css no jquery took a few months to do it all but the end result was far better loading and more friendlier on server resources . average load time 2.8s !!! .

brian

2 Likes

i forgot to add im in the progress of just using pure css charts as opposed to jquery based . this will take some time and requires some dedicated time to do them all but i have done 2 so far the o e below is last years lightning strikes . again i think this a far mrore friendlier approach and easier on the eye .

1 Like

Brian,

Will there be an option to select day, week, month, year, custom?

certainly current day,month broken down into days , and year .custom unlikely it gets to complex splitting the data and then would require a jquery library which defeats the object of just using pure css . sometimes you have to not cater for all possibilities however i dont think i have the skill to perfect a custom type chart. these pure css is basically a simple progress bar where the height is taken from the actual value and converted to px…

1 Like

If day, week, month, year is rendered good enough! :rofl: Regarding the earth quake distance can you ensure the user can input a numeric value instead of having to select hard limits like: 100, 1000 KMS?

may be in the future ill try and add something …

1 Like

Hello brian je pense utiliser mais en l’installant sur un serveur Nas Synology ,crois que tu que cela fonctionne correctement
Hello brian I think use but installing it on a server Nas Synology, believe you that it works properly
but I’m still waiting for the last part of the station !!! Maybe I’ll go to China to get it myself!

1 Like

hello it will arrive its better to have a good product than have something not so good because its not ready … a lot of work has gone into the production models … i understand the frustration but i think it will be worth waiting for… as for the template i think it will be ok and you dont have to use their cloud data or api data only you can hook it upto meteobridge or weather display software so your not restricted it will be a flexible as any other product in time … brian

2 Likes

Well i have meteobridge and the excellent weatherdisplay software that will allow to have a better graphic and design as well as data back up on my synology server

Bien j’ai meteobridge et l’excellent weather display logiciel cela permettra d’avoir un graphique et design meilleure ainsi que des données sauvegarder sur mon serveur synology

2 Likes

patrick all done you can now download the meteobridge version from the download page it has full SKY+AIR support … must be running both will NOT function with just AIR model alone. Weather34 Aurora MKII Meteobridge weather station template

note you need to be using also the latest version of meteobridge firmware 3.6 (4th Mar) Forum - meteobridge

you have the option of using database or stored data at weather underground for charts.

any issues arrange a skype over the weekend. im around all weekend up-till then think i will be still trying to get rid of this man flu :frowning:

brian

2 Likes

Have you any step by step setup for weather34 for raspberry pi 3 ?
I try to do buty all I have is a blank page when pointing to index.php (I can instead see setup page)

Thanks.

1 Like

sorry i do not own a raspberry or have any knowledge of using a. raspberry as a server

1 Like

Think at raspberry like a normal PC with a debian inside. Looking this way is there some tutorial?

1 Like

why has this thread been buried i had to go through 3 parts to get to it can we not put it back in the developers area or where we can find easily , spent months working on this …brian

1 Like