Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

Thanks for your generous offer Brian. As I can afford to buy me self a meteobridge you can hold it as a spare.
Ive looked up the dealers over here there are 2 of them.

Its a nice piece of hardware/software I think it will suit my needs. It also sents data to a lot of mesonets.
I order it this week. I will have also 2 years of warranty.
Anyway big thanks for your offer.

-Ron

hello

this is the final version of the weather API template based on current API structure. if any changes occur in the near or future I wont be able offer much help in a timely manner unfortunately…

so lots of removal of unused css, brand new simple SVG color coded indicators , SVG indicators do not use any javascript and are less 2kb in size !! simple method if value ==xxx then color rgba (xxx,xxx,xxx,xx)

new SVG’s for rain rate,solar radiation,lux .newer station info card

you can get this temporary via this link http://www.mediafire.com/file/m852axe4r3fpmc5/WF.zip/file

screenshots of whats new …(why do i aways use screenshots ?? visual content,illustrations come across easier than a bunch of rhetoric text ,code that you may not understand or be bothered to read )

wfdemo

5 Likes

Thank you-After using the template for a few days, I got inspired to order a Meteobridge and hopefully I will not need too much help installing it . The combination will really open up some more of the capability of the WF kit, and it will be nice to not depend on Weather Underground for archiving data.

1 Like

I just set up a Meteobridge based on one of the TP-link routers last night. The process was very easy. downloaded the firmware image to my laptop, hooked the router directly to the laptop, flashed the firmware, moved the router to my network and logged into the web interface. Took about 10 minutes total to get to the point where it was collecting WeatherFlow data. And that included setting up a reserved IP address for it in my DHCP server.

Today I get to start playing around with it some. One thing I noticed is that it doesn’t seem to have any configuration for the WeatherFlow station, you turn it on or off and that’s it. I suspect that it will have some issues if you have more than one station installed.

3 Likes

As requested by Brian, we are making his amazing template available here as a download via a link in the original topic post: Weather34 PHP Template

5 Likes

below weatherflow hardware at Marine Rescue Port Stephens comm centre …courtesy of @gazzasbees …thanks david will update info page tomorrow…

base_tue

3 Likes

Would you also add the link on the topic messsage?

I took a quick pass at trying this (I do ‘not’ have a meteobridge) and found it close to indecipherable to me. All I get is a blank screen when I load index.php. Typical “something it expects is not there so return a blank page to the victim” php hell. Sigh.

There were no instructions I could find in the software or on the website for this one, but eventually I ran easyweathersetup.php (through apache of course) and entered my location and station/device ids and choice of US units. Nothing appeared in the gui saying there’s anything wrong, but the apache error logs show:

[Thu Sep 20 10:29:27.677974 2018] [:error] [pid 28676] [client 192.168.1.9:52043] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: hemisphere in /var/www/html/easyweathersetup.php on line 1151, referer: http://pi3plus/easyweathersetup.php

I have no idea what “WeatherFlow Software Path to Data file” means nor how to answer that prompt.

As I said, lacking any readme or example for a WF user, I’m pretty totally lost…

update1: got the screen to appear by installing the following packages:

• php (of course)
  • php-simplexml
  • php-mbstring

sigh you must be using a raspberry look through this thread somewhere …but im afraid i have no experience of raspberries and was never developed for a raspberry.numerous users have it working on a raspberry sorry cant be much help to you but its built on a php 7 and tested upto 7.2.9 on a hosted apache server or local apache server i.e localhost: … blank screen means numerous php modules are not present or installed . as said before it is nothing special its standard php no self taught shortcuts …

1 Like

Ummm - yeah, I figured that part out already…but ‘which’ php modules are not present or installed. You’re not trapping any errors that help us figure it out at all nor providing any minimum list we should verify we have installed…

What is the minimal phpinfo() set of content we need for your software to work ?

Here’s my “php -m” showing what is installed, if that helps any…

root@pi3plus:/var/www/html# php -m
[PHP Modules]
calendar
Core
ctype
date
dom
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gettext
hash
iconv
json
libxml
mbstring
openssl
pcntl
pcre
PDO
Phar
posix
readline
Reflection
session
shmop
SimpleXML
sockets
SPL
standard
sysvmsg
sysvsem
sysvshm
tokenizer
wddx
xml
xmlreader
xmlwriter
xsl
Zend OPcache
zlib

[Zend Modules]
Zend OPcache

@Weather34

sigh - sorry for multiple updates - I needed to restart apache to get mod_php (I guess) to see everything. Adding just those couple of packages got the dashboard to come up with data on raspbian lite.

Not sure which values are mine and which are from demo values, but I can dig into that some more…

Can you explain what this one is and how we know what to put in for an answer in setup ?

ummm yeah sorry trying to help … you tell us which modules are not installed as above no experience of raspberry… your talking to a blind man …

so in the setup screen it quotes
WeatherFlow Software Path to Data file
*important Add Your Path to data file (jsondata/weatherflow.txt)

Weatherflow-API path example: http://yourdomain/jsondata/weatherflow.txt

getting the path correct is essential for live realtime data display (jsondata/weatherflow.txt)

so from your code dump above if it is in the root

/var/www/html/jsondata/weatherflow.txt

i have to go now but perhaps in the future i will sit down and do a install guide covering some of the specific options but at the moment too,preoccupied unfortunately but in general most php configurations work out the box only issues seen is localized servers or raspberry but sooner or later with some tinkering most get it to work on localized configurations. just a dead spot for me… brian

none of what I ran into has anything to do with the fact it’s on a raspi.

• what minimal set of php modules need to be present
  • how do we know what to answer for the configurable items in the ‘easy’ weathersetup.php script ?

I was running Weather34 before. Now that I’ve installed the final update, I can’t log in to do the easysetup.

I did a simple “replace everything” when I uploaded the files. I made screenshots of all of my settings – API keys, station numbers, etc. – but obviously I’m missing a step and can’t find how to reset my password.

hmmm most issues im reading are server related .template is built with standard php .unless a url or some form of acess is viewable its not easy to make any diagnosis.

as above in the future i will do a guide …if you compare this version to what it is was using 4 years ago when all files were edited directly you might understand why i called it “easy” as in comparison this is much easier .
many weather enthusiasts have additional hardware , air quality,lightning , extra sensors so you may see stuff that is not relevant to your set up.
template also,caters for things like moonphase,sun azimuth,aurora these all rely on correct lat lon and php timezone settings …forecast data is particularly reliant on correct lat lon . other options like nexstorm are for those who use nexstorm lightning software … if you get totally confused just drop us a pm im sure i can help in some way …

my advice study the setup screen most non experienced or non previous owners of having a website are able to get things up and running within a short time… sorry this is not a plug and play and go setup…

for me it’s difficult to diagnose and offer pin pointers without something viewable…

brian

sent you a personal message…

glad its ok now …have fun …brian