Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

My station is IDOWCULT2 and that page brings back data ok. Which pho file gets this?

You mention Weewx integration. I am using WeeWX to Wunderground at the moment. Are you saying the data would come straight from WeeWX? What about historical data in that case?

Thanks

Ok, I needed this to get curl support for PHP and now my graphs work :):smile:

sudo apt-get install php7.0-curl

expect to see weewx version available early next week…waiting the setup guide to be done.

4 Likes

Good evening

a week of lots of progress and almost at the point ironing out any teething issues .

1. Weatherflow aka @dsj has agreed to host the download version of the Weatherflow template .
    *note they are not offering support or any technical issues .most issues lie at local server setups or restricted hosted servers . weatherflow is purely hosting the download . david suggested a repo , i had it on a repo long ago it seemed introduce more time has i had to go through the learning curve of how a repo worked , i really didn’t follow up and spend anymore time in learning so i chose the simple download method as it is only 3.69mb in size and a matter of minutes to install and setup. it is really important to understand weatherflow are only hosting the download . they are not endorsing it or supporting just offering a trusted source for the download. probably from mid October the download will be switched to weatherflow servers.

2.weewx support was finished and compiled by a user from the cumulus forum Ian Millward im awaiting for the feedback on wether it is any use with weatherflow hardware .

3.meteobridge version now includes some extra options to use with weatherflow hardware however I have to admit the template has now pretty much exhausted all position options and unless it was totally redesigned to
cater for all combinations i have been asked for using existing hardware alongside the newer weatherflow hardware . this may be a possibility sometime in the far future i have a rough mock up done in Sketch of how I might try to cater for all the extras like air quality,multiple temperature sensors and so on…

1. Aaron Gersztoff created a guide using Ubuntu found here https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/guides/setupubuntu.html

2. on a humorous note there are expectations of a good snowfall this year for istanbul which i may not get to see but if you decide on visiting istanbul january,february best time :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Good evening

so been having this idea on my mind for a while , i first saw the use of a pyramid gauge in the wunderground app a couple of years . i always wanted to do this but simplify it method and not use a javascript or some third party gauge library .

so it dawned on me this morning so I created a coloured SVG pyramid in AI then with the beauty of being able to control the colour of a SVG output i simply added some basic code to make it use the UVINDEX and reflect colours appropiately… SVG is far way more flexible than using PNG,GIFS or even server hogging javascripts .there is no javascript in its CSS RGBA or CSS HEX(#) echo via <?php if ($weatherflow[“uv”]>=10){echo ‘#a475cb’;}

part of it below

<svg id="weather34 uvindex pyramid" width="120pt" height="150pt" viewBox="0 0 720 540" version="08092018">
<path fill="<?php 
	if ($weatherflow["uv"]>=10){echo '#a475cb';}	
	else echo 'rgba(75, 75, 77, 0.7)';?>" d=" M 373.35 80.14 C 383.84 92.52 393.86 105.32 404.17 117.85 C 411.15 126.59 418.42 135.10 425.21 143.98 C 390.39 144.09 355.56 144.10 320.73 143.97 C 338.01 122.49 355.89 101.48 373.35 80.14 Z" />
<path fill="<?php 
	if ($weatherflow["uv"]>=8){echo 'rgba(237, 73, 71, 0.8)';}	.................................................</svg>

download was updated for meteobridge and weatherflow versions.

https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

uvpyramid

4 Likes

good morning

UVINDEX popup module was updated to use UVINDEX pyramid . also now got a chance to fully develop the weather display version to get the best out of weatherflow hardware hopefully by end of week should be able to use all features of weatherflow when using weather display software + any extras generated by weather display .

you may have read somewhere else on this forum about the weather underground API finally being pulled and now offering a new service either at a enterprise package cost or free depending on your use age and wether you use the data they provide for any commercial activity which includes selling APPS on stores. so all is not lost they have something new on a free basis with limited calls .exactly what that includes is not known at the moment. it looks more like they are creating a brickwalls or clamping down on those that don’t follow rules of using there free API service . there are numerous or 100s of apps that feed of their free api SERVICE and even commercial companies based on smart home data see WXFORUM .me personally gladly like to see the back of wunderground but like it or not there API at current and last 4 years ive used offered a lot of useful data and extremely straight forward json API to develop with, recently or last couple of years unfortunately API failure has become the norm.4 years ago this template was built on the weather underground API and eventually moved on to using direct weather station data realtime. see screenshot below

anyway download for meteobridge version and weatherflow was updated to reflect new UVINDEX Pyramid.
https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

wduv

original 2015 using just the weather underground API

ontario

5 Likes

I like this wind direction indicator :slight_smile: So simply… immagine

1 Like

very,old jan 2015 original idea i still have the original psd layered version then converted to png i created. perhaps one day i convert it into a svg and try it .but current compass is pure css .

1 Like

I have had another rain incident and it appears that weather34 is showing mm instead of inches in the rain block of the weather34 app. I had approximately 1.5inches of rain, but the app showed 38.39 inches. If you do the conversion that equals 1.5 inches. I do have my app configured for US (Imperial units)

are you the same john mac from the other forum, i have a url but need password to diagnose

yes, I will PM you the info on that site

i replied its a bit confusing has explained but has there been some change to the API ??? @dsj or has it always been like this because this is the first time its been noticed and i started with the API in 2017…

because this one shows units set non metric but actual data values appear in metric …

{“units_temp”:“f”,“units_wind”:“mph”,“units_precip”:“in”,“units_pressure”:“inhg”,“units_distance”:“mi”,“units_direction”:“cardinal”,“units_other”:“imperial”}

then actual data values show in metric

“air_temperature”:17.0,“barometric_pressure”:989.6,“sea_level_pressure”:1022.0,“relative_humidity”:99,“precip”:0.0,“precip_accum_last_1hr”:0.0,“precip_accum_last_24hr”:38.214,“precip_accum_local_day”:17.524,“precip_accum_local_yesterday”:20.69,“wind_avg”:0.4,“wind_direction”:259,“wind_gust”:1.2,

All data is in metric. It is up to the application to convert it to the proper display units. It has always been this way.

ok john i checked your url and think that fixed it . i need to now crosscheck that it works vice versa for metric looks to be ok . thanks for the feedback…brian

screenshot of your url…
jomac

I’m loving the WeatherFlow template!
I have 2 questions/issues.
1st - the forecast is in celcius no mater what setting I choose.
2nd - Everytime I copy the new template to my server, I have to reconfigure the settings. is there a file I can backup, then copy back to prevent me from re-entering the dark sky,weather underground keys?
Great Job and thanks for your hard work!!
Chuck

2 Likes

chuck just send the url via pm with password ill take a look the non metric forecast seems ok when i set to use non metric…about updating ill give you a tip in a pm …

to get best out of the template i would suggest to get a meteobridge hub , this can open up many advantages over using the standard API version . using the meteobridge hub alongside weatherflow hardware will give you realtime data in seconds , allow you to keep historical records to daily,monthly,yearly for all sorts of data. an example of using meteobridge to allow me to display and keep a running count of lightning strikes through out the year . meteobridge is self sufficient hub it requires no maintenance apart from rebooting to get new firmware update . the possibilities are endless and its all automated . if your really serious about your weather data then consider that option .

example of one below and thats real data updates everytime there is a strike and last years data all using the AIR from weatherflow

mbli

Really like your templates, great stuff!
I am not familiar with meteobridge hub and got more confused when I looked at their website. Which version are you using and is the historical data actually stored on the meteobridge or in the cloud?
Thanks

hello

no cloud learn not to use them living here in turkey …data is stored on your hosted or local server . each day at 23:59 the daily max,min is exported to a month csv file and appended to a yearly csv file. 23:59:45 database is truncated your database never becomes excessive as we are adding data at intervals of 5 seconds or what ever the end user decides on .

insertion of data is automated and the end of day routines are automated so it doesnt require any manual trigger from user. the monthly file structure is below so you always have the data to use for other purposes , permanent back up etc …all files are structured in folders for easy access and the template has preset folders upto 2022 .you can see from below thats how I have all the data for 2017 and the beauty of it all is there little server resource used to display the data as the source file is so small.its not as complicated as you may think however like most new things put in front of you it can confusing but if it was I would not bother using it i like automated routines and simplicity and not using or tying up 24/7 computer to do it all.

i have seen some horrendous sized databases based on weatherdata from other users using various methods worst i saw was 8 years of data and it exceeded 130mb when exported this is what prompted me to use daily routines to keep it running smoothly and you could see there sites grinding to a halt everytime a chart was opened especially when looking for past data …my last job in UK had a part daily roll of database maintenance thats where i got the idea of daily routines and automated triggers.i worked in IT for a large food distribution network distributor “every little helps” :slight_smile: for uk friends :slight_smile:

mo

ye

april 2018 file

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick detailed reply, I appreciate the simplicity of the approach.
I’m based in UK so am aware of the size and complexity of the enterprise you refer too.