Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

you mean a pint of the ol amber nectar mate , since moving to istanbul 12 years ago almost i sure do miss good english bitter straight of the pump never had the taste for lager drink one pint and end up going to splash your feet for 5 times in the next hour…its all bottled here and happy hour bars miss the old traditial ale houses . once again thanks for the kind words …

2 Likes

Yep, home brewed- (Here we have craft breweries thriving due to a change in tax as well ) amber ale, IPA etc with good bittering hops , even a porter in the cooler times, A Chocolate Mahogany Porter with Fuggles finishing hops suits fine, :):beers:

Hey everyone,
I’m feeling kinda stupid…
I’ve installed xampp and can launch the template.
How do I get my station data?
I know I need to get the data from the hub somehow.
Station ID is 4834 if that helps. I love the template by the way.
Thanks!

we are all stupid dont worry …

anyway screenshot should help if you are using latest download of template i tested with your ID’s and used XAMPP which I design on locally on all my mac osx machines …brian

akron1

1 Like

Thanks,
I didn’t scroll down for enough :slight_smile:I was hung up on the weatherflow path
More configuration needed.
Thank You

Hi all, I’m struggling to get Weather34 working on a Raspberry Pi and I’m hoping you can help me out please.

I’ve successfully installed the weewx data logging and its extension for my WeatherFlow Sky+Air system. I am logging to Underground successfully.

I’ve installed Apache and PHP using this guide that someone helpfully posted above: https://pchelp.ricmedia.com/setup-lamp-server-raspberry-pi-3-complete-diy-guide/3/

I did not install MySQL, phpAdmin and FTP as I don’t believe they are required.

I copied the Weather34 files for the WeatherFlow setup onto the Pi and was able to access easyweathersetup.php ok and complete this. I can see that this has saved to the settings1.php file on the Pi so I don’t think there is a permissions problem. The easyweathersetup page reports:

WeatherFlow Dashboard API WF-REV-4 EASY SETUP

Your Current PHP version is : 7.0.30-0+deb9u1

I am unsure what I should put in the data file path. I currently have: http://192.168.0.1/PWS/jsondata/weatherflow.txt

The IP (which I changed above) points to the local IP of my Pi. The weatherflow.txt file contains data for some other weather station which is confusing. Am I supposed to update this? I did try this but it did not seem to help.

Anyway when I try to access the index.php page I just get a blank screen as others above reported.

Any ideas where I might have gone wrong? I’m using Raspian Jessie Lite by the way.

Thanks!

Those json data are examples they should be overwritten all changeble files must be writable use chmod 775 i think

sorry cant help you on this but normally blank screen indicates some PHP features like fopen,include are not configured correctly.the template is written in standard php there is nothing out of the ordinary .99% of blank screens all come from raspberry installs or UBUNTU installs. there is a guy writing a weather34 step by step install guide for these types of installs , it will be published when its done. sorry i cant help but i have absolutely zero experience or knowledge of anything raspberry . I just use a converted old mac mini 2009 for a local server installed with XAMPP.

I installed the template (very old version) on my rasperry 2 about a year ago for the cumulus version at first it didnt work. I made alle files writeable and executable chmod 777 and it still works i was forgotten it. But its not a good idea to present on the wlan/ internet. I use it only local.

I found some code to force php to display errors in the browser and tracked the problem down to these mb_ lines in common.php that I have now commented out:
//translations for HOMEWEATHERSTATION TEMPLATE UPDATED 2nd November added set locale

//mb_internal_encoding(‘UTF-8’);

//mb_http_output(‘UTF-8’);

//mb_http_input(‘UTF-8’);

//mb_language(‘uni’);

//mb_regex_encoding(‘UTF-8’);

It now works :smile:
What are those lines for?

Ps. I updated the weatherflow.txt file with values for my station and changed the jsondata path to just jsondata/weatherflow.txt

1 Like

UTF-8 is the common unicode , so server config at a guess do you have multi-byte support…?? without that it will throw those errors … anyway you have it working have fun and its a good way to learn when things break or don’t conform…brian

1 Like

My php and Apache knowledge is too limited to know about multi-byte. As you say though, I’ve got it working and it was fun to fix it myself.
The dashboard looks amazing by the way! Thanks for all your work!

best way to learn so when it breaks you know what to do …i learn something new everyday or things like this refresh my brain…its been a long time since creating that file almost 3 years …take care have fun its a hobby …

1 Like

This library seems to be needed:
sudo apt-get install php7.0-mbstring

Once I installed that and restarted Apache I was able to put those lines back in to the code.
The humidity pop-up, today, and others are displaying a page but with no data but maybe that is because I just started running Weather34.

2 Likes

I have checked my chartswudata folder and no new files are being put in there which is why my graphs are blank. What setting controls this or why might this be an issue? I’m pretty sure it is not a simple permissions problem.

Hi @mark My charts are blank as well. interested in finding a fix. Might just be a Weather Underground issue.

what is the wu station id i can test locally … wu charts are just the standard history script based on the wu id inputted for example mine is ISTANBUL161 .

for example just change the ISTANBUL161 to your own

https://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ISTANBUL161&day=4&month=9&year=2017&dayend=5&monthend=9&yearend=2018&graphspan=custom&format=1

good morning, some positive news it may be happen soon but the template may support weewx software . with the help,of a couple users it may just happen , however im not the expert on that software i just make it look pretty and useable but hopefully it will come together soon

here is an example of using template in weewx

brian

4 Likes

hello

new feature just a minor inclusion to simulate awareness, template last year sometime used to have an awareness alert feature provided by meteoalrm in europe. anyway that was not much use outside of the EU and was pronei to issues when demand on there servers increased rapidly during the last winter period in the EU. So anyway this not perfect but it creates an awareness of possible rain,snow,thunder if there is reference in the 10 day forecast . it simply is just using existing data so no additional api or script was really needed and creates an awareness . looks like this and as usual available via https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

snowalertwf

just to be aware I’m doing my upmost best to iron out teething issues and get all the ideas I have had or have been forwarded over the last few months. end of October we hope to be moving finally to a different part of turkey however bureaucracy can be challenging and cause delays but so far we are looking good to go…

the final version of template which I hope to have finished in mid October will be hosted on a different server and any changes will cease for quite some time . I am hoping to find someone to host the download , I already have users who kindly offered hosting Meteobridge,Cumulus versions , just need to find a reliable enthusiast who will host the weatherflow version .so if you interested please drop a PM and there is no expectation other than hosting the actual download itself…brian