Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

Speaking of Neil Armstrong, a few years ago he was telling bad jokes about the moon. When people didn’t laugh he said, “I guess you had to be there.”

2 Likes

LOL . . . :rofl:

RE: High Values → I don’t think this needs to be a concern because the values are also so out of band its impossible for a metric / imperial value to ever exist.

I’ll see if there are screen shots and upload them here so you can define the upper limit. :+1:

good morning

i sincerely apologise I seem to fixed one thing and created an issue elsewhere in this case mobile menu. so i do apologise .

Ive re-wrote the menu system using just css and more better compatibility across smaller touch screen devices , its very slim and as you can see
from screenshot. sorry for the inconvenience but user feedback always benefits for things I don’t see .

1 Like

API is showing on the screen shot. You could blur it?

Also, would make sense to normally hide that setting if it’s unique to each installation.

I’m not sure what I have to do to sign up for testing. Will continue reading around.

1 Like

hello thats not an api or an api key its a combination of station id and device ids . no sign up required just download it and add your station, device id details in… …brian

1 Like

Maybe soon you will decide to go the other direction and make a less busy display. Something simple and pleasing.

Congratulation on a fantastic work.

Gary

2 Likes

And it would be nice if it was small enough for all of the abbreviated info would fit on a tablet screen without scrolling.

1 Like

good morning

as i quoted on my website im taking a breather spent the last three years trying to find a balance . my biggest regret was working with multiple languages it really restricted some ideas as some words compared to the english language were often two or three words comapred to one english word this really put a restriaint on flexibility for each specific module.

other teething issue there are many different types of hardware where some had various sensors where some had limited sensors so what worked for one sometimes didnt for the other so again trying to find a balance somewhere .

@hankster it was originally designed for a iPad air it kind of grew in size when I got a ipad pro again different devices different screen resolutions it can drive you nuts trying to get it right . you will never satisfy everyone or perfect for all devices and who knows tomorrows technology may just break it all.

appreciate the comments hopefully next winter ill spend so more time on it and rejuvenate some inspiration the summer season approaching now and dont plan to do anything for quite some time . who knows what ideas i might get but for now time to get some much needed vitamin d and nail this wind rain issue for weatherflow…brian

3 Likes

What is the best way to update to the latest version of Weather34? I am running the API version from early March and see there is a newer version available. Do I have to update and overwrite all files, or just certain files. Any pointers appreciated.

Weatherflow with meteobridge many extra API data values was added to meteobridge in conjunction with the HOME WEATHER STATION TEMPLATE over the weekend so we can start displaying almanac data , along with max min from day before month,year and so on . first two modules are based temperature and wind gust data . over the next week or so more optional display modules will appear for barometer,rainfall,solar,uv after that i really want to take a breather from web design stuff and i am mssing the uk so hoping to,spend a few weeks there this summer .

all things are possible just some take time to work out how to display without destroying the design.

many thanks to Boris for his continuous support

these are all pop up info modules and doesn’t congest the main dashboard display.

almanac

1 Like

as it is such a small download safest way just replace all,existing files only takes a minute or two. ensures you have any changes ,bugs fixed or improvements displayed you can always retain existing file settings1.php and just reupload it .

2 Likes

Hello Brian
this is a special meteobridge license?
because I have this little box with a new license on 24 months I use it in copy with a station davis vantage ip believe that I can change for the weatherflow

1 Like

i think i understand what your asking if you are running two different types of hardware then you would need two seperate meteobridge hubs . or possibly i cant confirm and i have not tried this, use a 2 or 3 port usb hub and connect your hardware via that to a single meteobridge . best contact boris at meteobridge for best practices and licence information .

2 Likes

Good Morning

firstly big thank you to @dsj and boris at meteobridge for the round of process of elimination yesterday all was resolved and its good to say weatherflow air + sky + meteobridge combination is fully compatible (none of the issues were weatherflow hardware)and flexible over a 100 variations of various data values ,combinations that can be displayed in many ways.

a few of the most recent ideas shown below which includes a new display chart for lightning counts over the current year and also previous year if you have data this can be seen working at https://weather34.com

there are some newer data pop up modules on the horizon and likely to be fully completed and simply added sometime in May . these will be rain almanac,barometer almanac,lightning almanac ,uv almamac and anything else that is useful for looking back at hi and lo etc .

*note these functions are only for meteobridge version of the template.
as always available for meteobridge and weatherflow users at https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation/

im now also running my third unit of the
SKY (Firmware Revision 42)
IOS Beta app 1.97(131)via testflight which is smoother on the older iPad mini version 1 i use permanently for weatherflow hardware and of course its good on my iPad Air2/iPhone 7 and older 5S .
original Beta HUB is Firmware Revision 37.

kudos weatherflow team

mb1

2 Likes

busy really exploiting all the options using weatherflow hardware combined with the meteobridge hub .the options are growing week by week and Boris at meteobridge is just simply adding them on daily almost . there is more to come sometime in May . but so far many combinations all themed as well so they work in any of the the 3 themes selected and new features added

all modules loaded on dashboard main are now all just css(new rain gauge without any jquery looks identical to previous but reworked in pure css) and no jquery loaded or required until you use the simple 21kb pop up modules or chart data . the page load performance is improved .

.screenshot below

available for meteobridge version only .

wfmb

3 Likes

Can someone who knows nothing bout comput et s do this.

Is this something that someone with no understanding of computers could get going – I get my internet from Frontier ----

good morning

not so much you need computer knowledge but it helps going forward ,more importantly is the understanding of running a website with some basic knowledge of setting up a website. i can help you if you have a some webspace hosted however if it is a low cost or free service then you may run into some limitations.
ive no idea who frontier is , is that a ISP service or web hosting service .

They provide my internet connection. 100/100mb. Would Wordpress work

to be frank dunno i loathe wordpress its a tool for blogging still,seems to be and look the same as it did 10 years ago but i guess the CMS side is better organized. sorry i really dont know.