Weather34 WF API version Discontinued

sorry guys cant help you never owned a rasperry so i have absoblutely zero experience or info i can help,you with.

however in the past i know there are users of some form of raspberry in use .

sorry i cant help … brian

Is there any debug option to collect some useful data for you? Something to help you help us :slight_smile:

sorry love to help but i have no experience im a complete or would be newbie where rasperry is concerned so ive learnt not to get involved in things where i dont have the knowledge and i simply dont have time to sit around going backwaards and forwards . sorry to sound negative but im really trying to wind down from working on template and just leave it has it is.

why not try using a trial of weather display with something like meteotemplate or saratoga template and if it works ok then buy a copy of weather display

thinking aloud @vreihen might be your man …

2 Likes

FWIW, I was able to get the basic template working on RPi 3 by doing a complete wipe to re-install Stretch-Lite, then installing the complete LAMP stack starting with apache2, then PHP, and finally MySQL. Added to that came phpMyAdmin and FTP (vsftpd).

I used the instructions located at https://pchelp.ricmedia.com/setup-lamp-server-raspberry-pi-3-complete-diy-guide/

I’m struggling with the proper Apache permissions now for the /PWS directory, since when I tried to use the setup and save changes, I received the following error ‘Could not update setup1.php, access denied’.

I’m sure it’s a combination of settings in the apache2.conf file, as well as possibly file and directory permissions to the /PWS directory and its subdirectories.

I’ll keep looking (unless someone would like to give us a hint! I’m still learning Linux, apache, etc, and would rather not fumble through this!)

Well I think you’ve to read somewhat about the permissions and chmod give the permissions to https://www.computerhope.com/unix/uchmod.htm try chmod 755 for setup1.php

if you follow the tutorial you need to create PWS inside /var/www/html

At least for me is now working fine on Raspberry!!

I followed https://pchelp.ricmedia.com/setup-lamp-server-raspberry-pi-3-complete-diy-guide/
and then installed weather34

1 Like

@Weather34: just some stupid questions.

Why I see nothing in Feels and “Freezing” on lower side?

When I click on “Today” often first time I cannot see nothing. It requires a while… :slight_smile:

Is there a way to graph Humidity and Feels temp too?

immagine

Also Forecast and current appears empty.

Last line is editable in some way? It say “Add a short description25274802”

you dont have a SKY ?? when i test your station ID it returns the same blank feels temp . here is why

this your data returned in the api for your ID the template only displays what data is returned in your case i see no feels like and your heat index is below the 27c threshold

“outdoor”: {
“timestamp”: 1529523175,
“air_temperature”: 24.8,
“barometric_pressure”: 1014.7,
“sea_level_pressure”: 1015.7,
“relative_humidity”: 68,
“lightning_strike_last_epoch”: 1529336501,
“lightning_strike_last_distance”: 37,
“lightning_strike_count”: 0,
“lightning_strike_count_last_3hr”: 0,
“heat_index”: 24.8,
“dew_point”: 18.5,
“wet_bulb_temperature”: 20.6,
“delta_t”: 4.2,
“air_density”: 1.18638
},
“outdoor_keys”: [“timestamp”, “air_temperature”, “barometric_pressure”, “sea_level_pressure”, “relative_humidity”, “lightning_strike_last_epoch”, “lightning_strike_last_distance”, “lightning_strike_count”, “lightning_strike_count_last_3hr”, “heat_index”, “dew_point”, “wet_bulb_temperature”, “delta_t”, “air_density”],

this is my data returned in the API * note you see feels below

“outdoor”: {
“timestamp”: 1529523259,
“air_temperature”: 23.3,
“barometric_pressure”: 1009.2,
“sea_level_pressure”: 1011.9,
“relative_humidity”: 88,
“precip”: 0.0,
“precip_accum_last_1hr”: 0.0,
“precip_accum_last_24hr”: 2.164,
“precip_accum_local_day”: 2.162,
“wind_avg”: 3.5,
“wind_direction”: 33,
“wind_gust”: 5.7,
“wind_lull”: 0.7,
“solar_radiation”: 0,
“uv”: 0.0,
“brightness”: 0,
“lightning_strike_last_epoch”: 1529324650,
“lightning_strike_last_distance”: 17,
“lightning_strike_count”: 0,
“lightning_strike_count_last_3hr”: 0,
“feels_like”: 23.3,
“heat_index”: 23.3,
“wind_chill”: 23.3,
“dew_point”: 21.2,
“wet_bulb_temperature”: 21.8,
“delta_t”: 1.5,
“air_density”: 1.18592
},
“outdoor_keys”: [“timestamp”, “air_temperature”, “barometric_pressure”, “sea_level_pressure”, “relative_humidity”, “precip”, “precip_accum_last_1hr”, “precip_accum_last_24hr”, “precip_accum_local_day”, “wind_avg”, “wind_direction”, “wind_gust”, “wind_lull”, “solar_radiation”, “uv”, “brightness”, “lightning_strike_last_epoch”, “lightning_strike_last_distance”, “lightning_strike_count”, “lightning_strike_count_last_3hr”, “feels_like”, “heat_index”, “wind_chill”, “dew_point”, “wet_bulb_temperature”, “delta_t”, “air_density”],

humidity chart perhaps in the future …

1 Like

Hello, my Sky unit is on custom from about a week :frowning:

Usually I use this: https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/station/2527/grid

I always see Feels Temp OR dew point but I was thinking it was a display “feature” but your temperature is lower than mine and your station report both…
I think I have no control on what AIR reports since I don’t know how to force AIR to report it as on your example.

part two

perhaps your server setup is slow to process the data for the charts .

i can really help you much with raspberry based stuff but your not able to render SVG images just a guess

i added your credentials 2527 and charts rendered quickly here and tested the forecast stuff etc all showing ok

My fault! Forecast key was missing… Now they appears correctly!!

Now just need to understand why data reported differs from my and your AIR. Maybe you have a development device with some special firmware?

nope its the same rev 20

Weather34 Air3
Device ID8450
Serial NumberAR-00000923
Firmware Revision20

Max’s AIR
Device ID4802
Serial NumberAR-00006746
Firmware Revision20

How you explain a different reply for the same query? Maybe it’s a question for WeatherFlow developers…

most probably i have no or we have no control over api data output as I said template just displays what is present in the API

Let’s see if @dsj or @corrineb have some tips for us :slight_smile:

inşallah !! :slight_smile: good night …

I’m using your template on an Amazon Fire 7 tablet as a permanent weather console (so cheap) but the screen resolution (1024 × 600 px) doesn’t hold all the panels.

I’d like to re-arrange/prioritize the panels I want to see so they fit on that display. I realize this is not an option through configuration, and I was looking at the PHP and .css and couldn’t figure out where is the right place to adjust.

Any recommendations for how best to move panels around, or remove, without creating a mess?

good morning

i realised the humidity chart is already there , so I’ve updated the download for the weatherflow version you only have to replace the index.php , it simply has the link added to use the humidity chart . then just replace the existing humidity.php in the chartswu folder as I added the language feature. see below

humidity

hello

i released a version a couple years ago that allowed you to position each module however it proved more troublesome than it was worth . basically you have 12 boxes in desktop view , each component has a unique css classes and use absolute positioning this is where it became troublesome in maintaining . so if you wanted to shift the temperature to the middle row it rquired a newer div class then if you changed your mind and wanted it on the bottom it needed another and so on so component needed additional classes hence it was difficult to manage going forward.

within in a week i dropped the idea it was able to allow the user to simply drag to the position but another issue i hit was various screen resolutions across different devices so it became more troublesome to manage .

the thing to consider is that the template offers visual graphic display not just plain text on a background so there is a lot of css you may be suprised 85% of the visuals are pure css not g actual graphic files .

icons are all svg again easy to edit and much faster loading and scaleable , why anyone is still using png,gif,jpg for visuals is rather a dated unfriendly way of doing things , SVG vector offer far more control and cleaner visual appearance. often a SVG icon is less than 3kb compared to 20kb PNG for exact same image.

the site gtmetrix.com was the tool i used to find the balance in performance with every change i religiously go here and test .

gt1

wind compass is pure css, temperature is pure css,guages are pure css barometer is pure css ,rain bucket is pure css .css visuals take a lot time to produce but the end result is far cleaner in visuals and performance so we are not loading up a graphic like jpg,gif,png etc each time and no distortion in appearance . remains clean

if you want to do it the fixed way then you can edit the updater.php to shift around the modules but beware some components may break out of module box . you can always drop me an emial if you need specific help on that file . brian